𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟸 : 𝙰 𝚃𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚎

DISTURBANCE
CHAPTER FOURTY TWO - A TINY HOPE

Shanaia

"Is everything okay there? Is she okay?" Theo asked me as soon as I picked up his call. I instantly rolled my eyes at his question.

"Of course she is. I'm not that cruel." I said and took a quick glance at Isla who was peacefully sleeping beside Yohan at last.

"I'm not saying you're cruel. I just wanted to check up on her." They playfully laughed on the other line, so I rolled my eyes again. They're teaming up on me.

"Whatever, just enjoy your stay there. I'll take care of her."

"Okay, we'll go back there tomorrow. Thanks, Celeste."

I immediately ended the call and stormed out of the room. I sat down on the couch and took out a cigarette from my pocket and lit it up right away. I closed my eyes and leaned back a little.

It's been a year since I flew back here to the Philippines, and I haven't talked to her yet. I don't even have the courage to face her once again, so I've been just watching and supporting her from afar for a whole year now. I knew she's happy now and I don't want to ruin it, so as much as possible, I don't want her to see me again.

I slightly slap my face as soon as I remember what I did last week---I was too fascinated by her voice, so I totally risked it and watched her perform on stage, but she saw me. She freaking saw me, stupid.

And that's not all, we even met at the restroom, and I lost my cool when I saw her hugging that girl.

Like what the hell? Why is she hugging someone other than her boyfriend?

If I were that Ekis guy, I would surely be mad.

Or maybe I'm just being possesive. Tsk.

I massaged my temples as I was reminded of what happened two years ago. That year was a freaking roller coaster ride. After we left the country, Theo's parents planned to get us married right away, and it happened-- we got married.

But it was a fake marriage.

As soon as we landed in Paris, Theo and I had a serious talk. He persuaded me to fake our wedding, and of course, I didn't agree to it at first. I mean what will happen if they find out that we're just faking it? We both know they're powerful enough.

Theo's reason was mainly because he wanted me to be happy, to be free and to love who I really loved--- but the other reason why I didn't agree to it is because I have nothing to go back to. I ended the love I wanted, already.

But Theo still insisted on it and said that he still wanted me to be free and not bound. He just wanted me to trust him because he said he had a surprising plan, and so I did.

We faked the wedding, and I actually wanted to give him a round of applause because Tito Marco and Tita Luisa believed it. A few months after our so-called wedding, the climax of Theo's plan finally happened. I still can't believe up until now.

The memory replayed in my head like it had just happened yesterday, and I laughed silently while thinking back to it.

"What the hell was that, Mattheo?!" Tito Marco's face flushed in disbelief as soon as he entered the dining area.

We're supposed to have a peaceful dinner tonight because they just flew here in Paris to congratulate us both on our wedding a few months ago, but they were welcomed by even bigger news.

"Oh my gosh, Mattheo!" Tita Luisa exclaimed beside Tito Marco, and I tried my best not to laugh by her reaction. I continued eating my steak. I didn't bother waiting for them. I'm hungy already, and I just wanted to eat.