Secrets Of The Past

Daphne

"Don't try to hide anything from me again." He scolds before turning and marching down the hallway leading to his mother. I watch him for a moment to make sure he actually leaves, and when he does...

A sly smirk appears on my face because he thinks he has the key. He has a key but not the key. Typical royalty always thinking they know everything, or their the smartest person in the room. I guess I would fall under that example too... Once I've seen him fully disappear down the hallway I practically skip down the hallway to the locked door that will soon be opened.

I'm especially now extremely curious as to what's behind that door, particularly because of the way Cole wanted to take this key, I mean he even went as far as to kiss me.

I begin to blush heavily at the memory, even though it was literally only a few minutes ago I can't stop myself from practically grinning like an idiot.

Once I'm at the door I waste no time in slipping the key into the locked door, and with a swift turn from my wrist a pleasant 'click' tells me the door is now unlocked.

"Yes!" I shouts then immediately slap my hands over my mouth. "Oops" I whisper.

I wait another moment making sure no one heard my victory shout. And when no of my other mates appear out of thin air, I turn the handle and open the door.

And-

And I'm not sure what I was hoping for but it definitely wasn't this!

I'm surprised to find the room devoid of all possible light, I try to enhance my vision so I could possibly see what's in the room but to my surprise it doesn't work. The room still remains pitch black. As if it was under some sort of spell...

I don't enter the room, merely sticking my head through the door-way, and it feels like I'm pressing against some kind of invisible barrier. I reel back away immediately and stagger back away from the door.

"Woah," I breathe.

I want to try again, but at the same time I have the strongest urge to run away and never look back. So for a moment or two I merely stand there starring at a door that holds nothing but darkness as far as I can see. Perhaps the barrier is black in color so it can discredit anyone from trying to actually get into the room and maybe once you get past the barrier the room itself will be revealed?

It's a good theory if I say so myself, and I do. And there's really only one way to test this theory... I'm gonna go through the door.

I steady myself and walk slowly towards the open door-way, I lift my hand up and touch two or three fingers through the barrier. I'm confused to find the other side feels cold for some reason maybe there hasn't been any heating in that room? The thing that I really focused on was that the barrier allowed my hand to pass through with little to no restraint which meant that I could possibly go through completely.

I held my breath as I fully walked through the barrier, and was instantly greeted with freezing temperatures. My teeth started to chatter while shivers ran up and down my spine. It felt like I was in the middle of a snow storm or a blizzard but once I finally opened my eyes I was surprised to find I was standing outside in the sun.

No snow to be seen, and based on the plant life around me if was either spring or summertime.

"How peculiar..." I mumble to myself.

I'm not entirely sure where exactly I ended up but for some strange reason it felt oddly familiar. I turned completely around and immediately figured out why it felt so familiar, it was my pack house.