Walking Towards Death

"I don't know,"

"Are you afraid?" Emma asks.

"Being unsure of something doesn't necessarily mean that I'm afraid," I scoff trying to play it off, but in reality she had hit the nail on the head.

"Ah so you are afraid, you know when I'm afraid I just remind myself that I'm immortal and that nothing that bad can ever truly happen to me,"

I just look at her for a moment trying to determine if she was being serious or joking around with me. And even after a few minutes I still couldn't tell if she was serious but I decided to play it off as a joke.

"Well good for you. I however am not immortal so that doesn't really work for me, thanks though,"

"Why don't you just go back?"

After a moment of silence I decide to be open and honest with at least one person in my life, "What if he doesn't want me?" I whisper, tears brimming my eyes threatening to spill.

"Do you even hear yourself? He's your other half, your soul mate, if he didn't want you then that would mean that he's not the one and he's not your mate but he is and that would make no sense if it were true- is any of this making sense?"

"Yeah I guess so,"

"Good then can you explain it to me?" She says with a confused expression on her face that makes me giggle.

"If he didn't want me then he wouldn't be my mate," I mutter.

I understood her reasoning, hell I even understood why I didn't want one but that didn't particularly change the fact that I still didn't want a mate. One little talk wasn't suddenly going to change my whole view point, if that were true then I would've had a talk this years ago.

"Exactly, I knew I had a reason," she boasts.

"Yeah, I'm so glad I have you," I sarcastically reply.

"You still don't wanna go back do you?" She asks with a sigh, and I think she was reading my mind again, or perhaps I'm just easy to figure out.

"Nope, I mean my wolf is constantly screaming at me the more we're away from him but she'll get over herself,"

"No she won't and you know that,"she scoffs.

"Why are you so wise?" I ask trying to change the subject, I knew I wouldn't leave without her help and clearly she didn't even want me to leave.

"I'm really old, and I love to eavesdrop on people and their thoughts,"

We soon fall into a comfortable silence, I'm not sure what she's thinking about but I know I'm still debating on whether or not I should go back to the castle. I mean clearly he didn't want me to leave, I mean why else would he have chained me to the bed? But then again I couldn't ignore the argument I had overheard, three very angry sounding people clearly didn't like me being here and one was my mate.

Okay I'm getting some serious mixed signals here!

Can anyone not be straight with me anymore? First my parents and basically all of my damn relatives, then there's Emma but I think she just likes talking in riddles for her own enjoyment.

And there's my mate, I think there's a possibility there was some crossed wires and he's not even my mate. I mean he's probably just as confused as I am, I mean he was complaining about me yet he had me chained to the bed.

Goddess I need start getting some actual answers or I may actually go insane. Even that old vampire that I thought would give me some answers just led me into the forest and knocked my ass out.