Chapter Forty-Eight- Laws & Loss

A'Miza

Locked up in my room.

That's been me since yesterday.

Today, Zyla and I played a little. Mom and dad had to go back home to Giza, and then ...there was just me again. Me and all my confusion. I've made a huge mistake, and I still don't know how I let it happen. How could I do this? To Zurich...to Zyla. He'll kill Iminan...and me? I'm not even sure. But my gut was telling me that shit was going to get bad, really, damn bad. The Tv was on mute as a movie played. I didn't wanna hear it, I just needed a visual distraction because all I could think about was how I woke up naked in Iminan's bed, freshly fucked. For the first time in my life I honestly feel like whatever punishment was coming to me, I deserved it. I got drunk, and I went to his best friend, his brother...and I initiated the sex. I remember every bit of it now, the sex... and the guilty feeling sunk into my chest with heaviness. Just then my phone rang and I took it up from the side table and blindly answered,

"Yeah?" I croaked.

"A'Miza, you must leave, as soon as possible, leave Zyla and go!" Nyon whispered to me on the phone. What? "Why? Why should I go?"

"Whatever it is that has happened at Imperium while the King was away, whatever it is, has unleashed King Letifer's worst side a side I've seen only when you died, and you didn't die again, so clearly something pertaining to you has happened," he sighed into the receiver. "He's gone bloody mad in the space of a few hours!"

What? How? I mean... we were on the phone last night, then he put me on hold and never got back to me. I wanted to tell him about what happened with Iminan...but...

Suddenly a sense of dread came back over me, as it did when I woke up in Iminan's bed. Oh no...no, no, no. How? How does he know? Fuck! No this can't be happening. I haven't even been back for two weeks!...he's going into a freaking spiral. No, I needed to talk with him. Sitting up in bed I held my head as a searing headache grabbed my head.

"Listen to me, Nyon, I'm not leaving," I state firmly. "He'll need to talk to me."

"But, you don't understand, at this very moment, he's in Quintin Square declaring war against House of Embry," he sighed sounding antsy. "He's declaring war against Iminan, against Jonathan, and even Alexander for his audacity in declaring war against him years ago. He wants all the smoke, and I just don't want him lashing out at you, because in his state anyone could get it."

Shit...what the fuck was this? I- I had to fix this. He's angry. But that anger is toward me, and maybe Iminan, and declaring war right now when we are trying to avoid one with the Russians? I know... I know he's mad, but— was there no talking to him?

"Nyon when do you guys get back?"

"Later today, if he doesn't decide to extend our stay and enjoy Quintin's festivities by drinking every available human!"

"Nyon you have to say something!"

"Girl, I am not trying to die on my wedding night!"

What? He's married? I am all types of confused right now.

"Congratulations, Nyon," I uttered, before hanging up.

I suddenly felt like I was sinking into a dark hole. What the hell was I going to do? How will I explain to him that I wasn't even coherent? I don't remember any of it, really. I had no intention of having sex with Iminan! Why it happened, I can only blame the liquor I remember drinking. But that just seems childish to me. I wouldn't have taken that excuse from him, either. Tears welled up in my eyes as I pictured how he was in Quintin right now. Drunk possibly, angry surely, bloodthirsty definitely. Disappointed in me?