Chapter Thirty-There Are No Words

Zurich

This morbid feeling of helplessness was truly not suitable for someone like me

This morbid feeling of helplessness was truly not suitable for someone like me. Being immortal meant pain was easily ignored because it was usually fleeting...it went away without you having to whine about it. But...not this kind. I knew it well.

It was the sort of pain that boiled up rage within me...

Made me lose reason...

Bring out to play the worst parts of me.

I am trying to keep my cool...ignore it. But I am boiling.

I needed to leave this castle. I wanted to hunt. To kill. Anyone. Siane, especially. She did this! From the day the rabbit was born, or before, she sunk her claws into her and now her body can't seem to handle the massive burden of that magic. She's fucking weakening...so much so a fucking run knocked her out!

A run.

The memory of the split second I thought she was dead...when I realized she was only unconscious, then the realization of when and how she became that way...a fucking run... it all hit me and angered me.

Fucking weak humans! They get sick. They die in their sleep. They die in the shower. They die. That's their whole thing. Isn't it? 'You live to die?' They must lead very depressing lives knowing full well that every day leads to death.

Yeah, and you got into a relationship with one anyway.

I turned the bottle to my lips and drank the bit that was left. Iminan knew to keep good wine and whiskey here for my visits. Only the best. Sitting down at his guest's bar, that was a room to itself. I sensed the maid, Camile was it? Standing by the door waiting to cater to my needs should any arise. I've ignored her this entire night...but I haven't asked her to leave.

Let her watch me til she grows either bored or intrigued. I couldn't care any less either way. I glanced at the heap of empty bottles mounting on the floor at my feet.

She was okay now, I'm sure... or someone would have said something to me by now. At least there's that. But I still can't bring myself to go and see her.

I sat inside the bar and served myself, spinning on the chair to pick from the shelf behind me whenever I needed a new bottle and spinning back around to the counter to enjoy it. I wouldn't say I was drunk, but I knew for sure as drunk as vampires could get, I was that.

"Are you not going to see her?" Iminan's voice, stern and serious, enters the room. I look up and see him, walking toward me in a pair of brown leather pants, and a black T-Shirt. Oh, Iminan, a T-Shirt? What century were you born in?

 Oh, Iminan, a T-Shirt? What century were you born in?