Chapter Fifteen- A crowd

A'Miza

"Good night, Iminan, tonight was nice. I had no idea the castle had so many hidden doors and the lake in the back with all of those fishes we thought were extinct!" I rambled excitedly as we got to my door. Iminan's smile brightened as I opened the knob.

He stood with both hands clasped behind him with a perfectly straight form, his chiselled jaw, hazel brown eyes and jaw-dropping smile made him look like he should at least be a face model... or an escort weirdly?

"Well, I'm glad I could show you a good time even if it is only on Imperium grounds." He smiled.

Oh man, that smile. I almost melted at the sight of it... then I remembered a chilling fact about vampires. Every single detail of their being, every characteristic of theirs is meant to attract prey. Prey is a loose term here since prey could be a romantic interest. In this case, I believe I'm both prey and prize for Iminan...he's been very forward with his intentions with me. I'm not sure if it's all a game for him or if it's real. He seems to care about my comfort here, and before I was a guest here at Imperium we did have that interesting night out. I don't know what to make of it really. I smiled at him.

"Thanks again, Iminan. You've been a true gentleman."

"Well a gentleman am, but do not forget my intentions with you aren't platonic little, A'Miza." He winks. I think all the words in my vocabulary tossed themselves through my ears, in an effort to stop my lips from saying the wrong thing. "Have a great night."

I smiled at him and I could tell it probably looked awkward on my face since I was puzzled. In the blink of an eye, he was gone. He's actually just cleared up a lot of things

As I take my coat off I am seized by a loud booming noise in my head. I gasp as the booming gets louder and hold my head as a slicing pain grips my chest. What the-

A'Miza tell him to open the gates!

Bean we need to get in!

A'Miza!

....Bean?

We are losing connection, Paul!

It's too strong...It's no use...keep trying...keep-

Mom? Dad?- wait. Wait!

Their voices came to a stop and so does the pain and the booming. I hold my head and slumped down onto the bed catching my breath. They are trying to contact me...but my damn powers have halted. I need to get to them...

Wait...

I remember what they were saying and almost like I was being hit in the head with some sense. I suddenly felt weak in the knees as I jumped from the bed and ran to the door. I ran so quickly down the hall and down the stairs that I didn't see him as I bounced into him and am knocked right on my ass. Shaken up, I hold the back of my head. As I get my eyes open I am met with the serious, stern gaze of King Maaldamir. My chest squeezes as tightly a closed fist has it in its grips and I feel all the saliva in my mouth evaporate as I sat on my ass with my mouth open in bewilderment. He was in a very expensive looking robe. Black with gold accents, as he stood over me, not offering me any aid...just looking down at me with both hands in the pockets of the robe. His eyes pierced into me like knives and I felt attacked without him doing a thing.

"Watch where you are going young Maleficus," he murmured. "There is little space in this castle for people who do not realize they are an obstacle."

With that, he steps right past me. I wanted to be shocked at his attitude...but how could I be when I have surmised that Vampires are in fact rude. I struggle to my feet and immediately noticed the pain in my neck. Shit. But there's no time to care about the matter since I have to find Zurich.