Chapter Thirty-Eight: Relax, Rabbit.

Zaphrina

It's been a long damn year.

From my rotten brother being framed...

To my spoiled brother fucking Naforah-a married woman!

... My brother was falling in love with a Maleficus...

Getting into a war with Siane and Dubois-Getting the witch pregnant.

Almost started an in-house war within Imperium when he chose her over our own flesh and blood!

Then he freaking made it all worse - when he stopped dealing with Iminan for reasons he will not discuss. Whatever is left of Imperium, it's hanging on by a thread. This plan of Siane's has been in effect before the girl was even so I can't blame Zurich or her...

...And now she's pregnant.

And with a Duomala of all things. I rested my head against the rim of the tub, while I drank my red wine. I shouldn't believe such tales, but the people believe it, and I hear things. The end of the world as we know it, seems quite possible if Zurich had anything to do with it. My brother is passionate, and though he's a smart, thinking man, sometimes-

He got that from his mother, no doubt.

This has all been madness. I've watched it all from the sidelines, never overstepping-well trying not to.

But...

He's gotten pardoned from our father. So has she-even if it's really only to use her as a weapon against Siane. He's told me as much... of course, Zurich can't find out about this. But this is for our own good. With her on our side, the enemy has to fall the fuck back. Sure, you'll have your occasional group of supermen and batmen trying to save the day...like fools last week who actually made it into Imperium and almost took what is left of Zurich's sanity with them, when they almost got to her.

I'm sure they've all met their appropriate ends. If my brother ensures nothing in this life...he ensures you're dead when the aim is to kill you. A part of me thinks he actually likes when he has to kill people, so he insights problems like these to get his fill. The other, more rational side knows that even if he does enjoy killing those who deserve death in his eyes, he truly would rather have peace. I know now more than the other times before, that he wanted peace. For her, he wants peace. Love truly was more powerful than even us Vampires. It has trapped our prince by the heart, indeed.

I drank what was left of the wine.

"You should be clean after two hours in the tub, no?" I hear his chuckles coming through the door of the room. The tub was right in front of the bed, so once you enter the room I am in full view. I've never minded this European setup, it was sexy. Thrilling. I smiled at him and watched as his face lit up as I turned on my back exposing my breasts through the lightly sudden water.

"To what do I owe the early morning visit, Iminan?"

He rolled his eyes at me and walked over to the bar. Always so proper...

"Since you've invited yourself over, Zaph, you've made many demands." He says as he makes himself a drink with his back turned to me."What's going on with you? You've never abused your privilege as princess in my home, why today?"

What?

All I've done is ask the help for help. Isn't that the point?

Iminan has the nerve to ask me what was up with me lately. I'm at the Embry's...trying to get away from it all. I needed a break...to feel in control again. Powerful. The maids and butlers get the shitty end of this deal, I know, but... At Imperium, I'm under my father...and my brother. I'm the princess, not the king or the prince...and it seems we have a Queen coming our way soon enough, too. So where does little old Zaphrina fall? By the wayside with her princess privileges, good looks and not fuck else!