Chapter Twenty-Six- Orematu (Part Two)

Zurich

This entire time my eyes have been on her, listening to her beating heart. How it raced even faster once Siane asked that she set us ablaze. In all the time I've known her, her magic gave her issues. But now, seeing how powerful she really was, was...kinda sexy. Even though she's about to use it to kill me. I smirked at her.

"That dress on you, Pulchra," I bit my bottom lip. She blinked, embarrassed. "You are a sight, let me make sure my eyes never leave yours as I burn. It was a pleasure getting to know you, however fake it all was."

Her eyes dimmed with sadness and the tears finally fell as she maintained my gaze. I was angry at her...disappointed, and yet a part of me wanted to hold her. That part made me even angrier.

"Zurich I-"

"Enough talk, and just do it."I sigh. "What's the point of dragging it out, huh?"

Her eyes flutter.

"I agree," Siane yawns. "A'Miza remembers our deal."

Suddenly, A'Miza's eyes moved toward her parents, then swiftly back at me.

Oh!

Oh, I see.

Siane you sly mongoose! I see what you've managed to do here. The realization of it all, eased my pain a bit. But, I do not react. I knew now that she was being forced to do this, but a part of me...the part that loved to test fate, said nothing. The stinging in my chest eased a little. She did not betray me...on purpose at atleast. Her quickened heart rate wasn't just nervousness...she's been lying to me. A smirk played on my lips. The irony of me being elated that she lied to me isn't lost on me. But it's one lie I can live with. She loves her parents...it's them or me. I get it. But I also need to know something else...

"Rabbit, you're stalling." I smirked at her. "Please hurry, the audience is growing impatient."

I heard her heart rate quickening, as the tears fell and she finally let out a soft cry. She was breaking. Her act was falling apart and it hurt me to see her in this pain, but it also amused me a little, because Siane was failing by the second and I knew she could not even see that...but I could. I could see my A'Miza. Clear as day.

"Set them ablaze, girl, there is no reason to keep these power abusing pieces of shit alive!" Dubois growled.

"A'Miza, baby don't let the time you've spent with them fool you," the boy—her ex, said. Baby? I could laugh, but she was hyperventilating, and I was focused on her... Clearly, at this point, she is confused about what to do.

"Do it!" I yelled at her. Com'on Pulchra, show me I'm right!

"Come on now, hurry it up!" Siane beckoned.

"Beanie?" Her father tried.

Suddenly she held her head as if in severe pain and screamed out loudly. So loud that I only felt a wave of hard air, like a force field throwing us all back; those below and us imperumites. It was the loudest, most earth-shaking scream. Blood trickled down her eyes, nose and mouth. Fuck! I fought against the bound she had me in to no avail. I felt an intense, bone-breaking panic rising in my stomach. What the fuck was happening? Her eyes sprung back to me and in that instant, I knew either I was about to lose her, or she was about to lose me. The scream ended, and our eyes lingered a bit, no words spoken. Just us, and I felt my hardened heart and mistrust towards her, melt almost instantaneously.

"Rabbit?" Escaped my lips. I watched as her eyes closed and fell to the ground. "A'Miza!" I yelled out in agony.

Suddenly, we were all falling from suspension onto the ground, too. Her magic stopped working the moment she hit the floor and everyone scrambled to get their daylight rings, and not a moment later charged at those who opposed us. I didn't even look for my ring, I ran straight toward her, in a state of panic and disbelief. A man ran in front of me and I knew who it was without even seeing his face until I did.