Chapter Forty-Nine- Snake

Zurich

Fire. Brimstone. Ashes. Blood. Screams and cries shook the innards of even the coldest and most fearless of men.

Dark times they've taken to calling it. Had I thought highly of the people around me, I'd agree with them deeming it so. But alas, I think they are all, slow...stupid...sad. Dark times seem a bit too optimistic for me...it almost insinuates that there is a polar opposite to it...like a time of light. The thought made me smile. So like the people of this world believe that there are such things as happy endings. They trick themselves every day with fairytales and optimism. On the other hand, I know that this isn't dark times for us Donatus. It was the goddamn end of it.

Those were my thoughts when my father declared war against King Vlad and his whore.

That was the banner I waved from the moment I declared war on Alex for passing his place back then, on the Embry's for having a son who had his pick of the litter but chose the mother of my child, whom...I loved beyond reason and sense. Now? She could burn with the rest of them. The war that was happening all around us from the Russian Donatus, led by their child king Seth. I hear he's a vampire now. Good for him, I love them when they are at least sort of up to par. It makes the fight more interesting.

"Can I take your order?" The tiny voice with the pheromones of a rabbit in heat said over me. Humans and their ease of arousals over a handsome face. I know you wanna fuck me...maybe, later, brown skin with the light brown eyes. In all the places a vampire king could be, I was in a Cafe'/Library. Some Ordinarius genius decided that book readers were coffee drinkers, so combining them made sense. I had to say the idea was not...terrible. Especially given that Ordinarius liked novelty things. I'm here amongst them in their world to have a meeting with an old friend. I smiled up at the cute little Ordinarius in her tight pink dress and white apron. "Ill take a glass of your finest red wine," Her eyes lit up both in shock and confusion. I smiled. Such simple creatures.

"Sir, we—we only serve coffee and pastry," she quipped and forced a smile through her awkwardness. I made sure to maintain eye contact with her. I made sure every passing second was more intense than the last and I could hear her heart racing. I could hear each swallow she made and her legs shifting together to stifle her arousal. "I'll have whatever... you have to offer then, sweetness." I knew she understood what I meant by her fluttering eyes.

"I'll–I will– I'll get you our finest blend and —a bagel!" She stammers, courtesies and scurried away. I smirked—

"Stop playing with the weak disposition of Ordinarius women," I heard Jonathan admonishing as he walked up to my table. I hadn't heard him coming. Hmmm, must have a shield over him. Awww, no trust ahh Johnny my boy? I suppose this was a smart move on his part. Choosing a place out in the open with Ordinarius is also very smart. I sat with my legs crossed. I wore my Ordinarius-friendly get-up today too, a silk burgundy button-down, barely buttoned a pair of black jeans and some black Louis Vuitton. My minx coat was tossed over the back of the chair. "They don't stand a chance against a young vampire's pretty face and charms, it's an unfair game."

I smirked, "I like to play games I have an advantage in, Jonathan."

His eyes suddenly dimmed with a hint of sadness behind them as he sat down. He dressed much like his old friend, Maaldamir. I have to say the two reminded me of Iminan and myself. Though I have never seen Jon stand against my father or disrespected him like what Iminan has done to me.

"I see that King Letifer," he sighed as he opened the button on his suit to take a seat. He rested one hand on the table with the other rested on the back of the seat, keeping his head up. He looked at me with great intensity. Jonathan like many vampires looked not much older than their sons. So at this moment, we looked like two familiars in the same age range, chillin'. He looked a lot like Iminan, too. Tall slender with enough muscle to be considered physically active, brown eyes and a habit to walk with their hands behind their backs. They pretended to be proper. But I knew different. "You've been showing House of Embry the coldest of shoulders—".