Chapter Forty- The Ancestors' Wish

Cont.

"Her replacement?" My brows furrowed, but before I could ask a follow-up question I was being tackled by what my nose perceived to be a werewolf. He's changed over into his animal form. Mutt, you don't see me talking? Grabbing it by one leg, I tossed it so far that I only heard it howl and disappeared above. "Bad, dog!"

She looked me up and down, before putting her hands in both her sweatshirt's pockets. I refocused all of my attention on Giera, who was looking up at me with innocent eyes.

"I don't know if you realized that we are in the middle of a war, we should either be fighting or-"

"Soon, I just thought maybe before I kill you, as a mercy, I'd let you know A'Miza will die today." She sighed. At the mention of her name, I felt my teeth clench. What was this nutty little woman going on about? I scoffed at her.

"What is this? A tactic to try and throw me off?" I smirked. Suddenly I saw a vampire coming at me at full speed only to be hit out of the way by Zaphrina. I watched as she rang his head off his neck and turned back to scowl at me.

"Are we talking or fighting, brother?" She growled before getting tackled by a Troll. That was a hilarious sight.

"She won't make it to the end of this fight...she's been dying, slowly since the day she decided to spare you. Well, damn, even before then." She sighed. What was this mad lady talking about? They may have melted her brains when making her into their weapon, eh? "she knew, and saved you anyway. She's been sacrificing for you since the day she defended you in that auditorium."

What...

What was this?

I looked into her eyes and I wanted to compel her to tell me the truth. But I know they've all drunk Bis Mortem to protect themselves from that. If...what she's saying is true...no. It cannot be. Rabbit wouldn't keep something like this away from me. I looked Giera in her eyes again, to find any inclination...any sign. I saw nothing but seriousness. It made my blood boil.

"She's been sick, right?" She smirked and I could feel my head heating up with rage. But, I still...I can't bring myself to believe her. The logical side of me knew there was a possibility that she was telling the truth, but I have to trust that A'Miza would never do something like that. That same logical side wanted to run back to Imperium to make sure this woman was lying...and it also knew, Giera here has been made into a weapon. A replacement, as she says, so there was no leaving this field until we ended her...then the fuckers who made her.

"You've tried your little distraction tactics, now let's get this over with little one." I smirked at her. A smirk has never been this hard to conjure as I weigh her words. I keep thinking about A'Miza...what if... what if...

The longer I went unsure, the angrier I got! Was this a trick or was it true?

A'Miza... you wouldn't. Nah... she would never do this. I felt my sanity slipping away with each passing moment.

"For what it's worth, she seems.to really love you— what part was lovable? I have no clue."She shrugs as her eyes glowed emerald green. "Today you both die, and the Duomala will be taken care of too, don't worry."

"Zurich, remain composed, we do not know what she can do!" I hear Iminan behind me as my teeth gritted and I felt every muscle in my body tense with a feeling I cannot describe. " She's trying to fuck with you!"

Anger boiled within me and ached every part of my body.

"Nothing, and I do mean nothing, will stop me from killing all of you today!"I growled at her as she began to levitate off the ground. My throat burned as I thought about ripping out her jugular with my teeth. She was a few feet off the ground, eyes beaming a green light and arms outstretched.