Chapter Five: Playing My Part

Zurich

"Why am I here bloodbags?" I growl at the one they call Professor Siane. The one who has summoned me here. The obnoxious old hag who always, since she came to Winone, looked at me as though whenever she did I made her nauseous and on the verge of puking.

I loved that.

She and her little magic-minions are standing by their little Oak-tree-door, while myself and Iminan stood arms apart from each other looking at them, calmly. I explained the situation to Iminan, and though it confused him that I would save a Maleficus... I came from the angle that she's still one of us, a Donatus...even if she is a lesser one to us. He stands here in my defense, though he knows I do not need it. I could take all of them. They wouldn't get a fucking chance to move before I snapped all their necks.

"The girl, Prince Zurich, we know you took her, over a dozen Donatus confirmed seeing you take her from the scene of the explosion," She says, taking her cape's hood off her head, revealing her face fully.

"I had no idea taking someone from a crime scene, a dangerous situation was a problem," I sigh. "but we both know that isn't the problem here, it's who took her."

"You speak as though we have been given every reason to trust you, and still would suspect you of harming an innocent!" Siane growls. "Where is the girl!"

I looked at her with my brows furrowed and I heard Iminan trying to hold his laughter back. He knows me all too well...

"If you knew what was good for you Siane, you would refrain from raising your voice at me," I say without much effort in my voice. I made it as low as a whisper and as calm as a threat, without the bass in my voice. I wouldn't want to frighten the poor Maleficus' and their fearless leader. My eyes never leave hers, and she doesn't back down. I expect nothing less from Siane. She always felt she was more powerful than she really was. Not even with age, as she still believes her little hexes and spells will do any significant harm to me. I'd be the first one to prove her wrong, if the law didn't forbid us fighting to the death on Winone grounds. And if no one can die, then what is the point?

"You have no power behind you right now Prince Zurich, you came with one man," She says as a matter of fact, "There is a yard filled with Maleficus' here, and we want answers-"

"Oh is that a threat?" I whisper, feeling my fangs itching to come out. My eyes burned , blood red, I could tell by the rush that went through me that Siane should not test me today. The desire to kill was strong. I could also tell by the look in their eyes that I have reminded them of what kind of Donatus they were fucking with. This isn't a werewolf, a maleficus, a duobus, Goblins, fairies and all else that exists within our world. "Did you forget who you are talking to Siane, did you forget that I could end you and all of your minions before you could even think to blink?" I growled at her, taking one step closer to them and immediately I saw wands, hands, and other tools of magic raised up against me. I smirked.

"You came to try me today," I smirked, "Perhap, I am in the mood," I say, stepping toward them to entertain myself with the heads of some witches and warlocks.

"Zurich,"I hear Iminan say beside me, I feel his hand in my chest as he pushes me back. I push him out of my way and he holds me by the forearm. I look at him annoyed.

"I won't stand for you getting in my way, Iminan!" I growl, feeling the intense heat of my anger burn at my throat. Making me thirsty... I wonder what Siane's blood tasted like.

"I will not have you start a war over one girl,"He says calmly. "Surely your father will not be pleased!"

I looked at him keenly. My brows furrowed and my anger was very apparent.