26. Hard to Sleep

I quickly tried to bolt for the door, but was quickly pulled back by the handcuff, I felt more tears pour.

"Don't fight it, baby. You know I always want what's best for you."

No, no, no.

He smiled as he approached. "Don't make this harder than it needs to sweet girl." I cried as he wrapped it around my neck. "You look so pretty with it, look, I even put my initials in it." He smiled.

"What's...what's gonna happen?" I asked with a chill.

"With what, honey?" He sat down beside me, stroking my hair.

"Luca...is going to hurt me?" Antonio laughed at the question, as if i was stupid. "You let me deal with that. But, know that I would never let that happen to you again. But, hey. Not all bad things came from it, huh?" His eyes went down to my chest as he smirked.

I noticed my upper boob was poking out of the tank top, I quickly adjusted the shirt with the untied hand.

"Never again, Antonio." I said, truly not caring about the consequences.

"Why not?" He looked disappointed.

"I wasn't in the right head space. I regret it." He tensed at my words. His smile quickly faded.

"You...regretted it?" He laughed, but not in a humorous way, a scary way.

"Can you not be an asshole for two seconds? You don't give me any time to cope or heal, you just keep throwing the next terrible thing after another."

"I see." He said, scarily calm. I watched as he grabbed the TV remote, he covered the blinds and the room was now pitch black as he turned off the light.

I felt like I was going to puke, he was so unpredictable.

"If I'm such a monster, I'll play the fucking part." He hissed. My breathing began to increase as I closed my eyes.

I heard the door slam shut, followed my terrifying noises of crying and screaming. The TV was playing snuff films...real ones. I cried as I covered one ear with my free hand. As minutes passed, it only went worse.

With the torture, disturbing and scary images kept playing.

Screaming
Screaming
Screaming
So much FUCKING SCREAMING!

Antonio

"Do you know what the hell you just caused?" Father cursed.

"I don't give a shit." I said boredly as I played with my darts, hitting the X every time.

"You have so many of our clients angry at our family! Not to mention, fucking Luca. He put out an offering for twenty eight million for Love. I wouldn't be surprised if he killed her to spite you."

"Don't talk about Love." I hissed. Her beautiful name in the mouth of such a disgusting pig truly was an insult.

He scuffed. "Whatever, you know what you need to do." I felt relieved once the line was ended.

Love... she's been in there for five hours. I didn't feel bad, disrespect was something I refused to accept. Especially after I saved her ass.

I began to hum to myself as I unlocked the bedroom door, I turned the lights on to see Love rocking around on the bed, whispering "screaming" to herself. Her cheeks were stained with tears and her hair was a mess from rolling around.

She didn't even flinch or stop rocking when I walked in, I shut the door behind me, examining her. She wouldn't stop whispering to herself.

"Screams, screaming, screams, voices, screams..." I heard repeatedly.

I began to tilt my head as I lightly tapped her shoulder. "My love?" She flinched at my touch.

Tears began to roll down her cheek. "Please, make it stop, please, PLEASE!" She screamed and broke down into a sob.

I wrapped my arms around her as she stuffed her head into my chest and sobbed, I turned off the TV.

This was what I wanted, her clinging to me made me feel so accomplished.

And people question the things I do...

I began to rub her hair, kissing her forehead. "I'm here, sweetheart. Come here." I said as I climbed into bed.

She cried into my arms. Oh, how great this felt. "Are you gonna behave, sweetie? We don't want any more of that, right?"

She quickly shook her head in compliance. I nodded in approval.

"A...antonio." She breathed. God, was her voice a drug.

"Yes, angel?" I asked, massaging her back.

"I wanna speak to mama." I watched as her eyes grew nervous. I didn't know how to take this. She didn't need anyone but me. It frustrated me that I wasn't enough.

"Your mother is with Luca, dear. Emmie is still there as well. Don't even think there's a chance in hell I would let you get near Luca. It's a no." I watched as tears formed in her eyes.

"No...no. It can't be. You...you can! You're just-" I quickly cut her off. She had to watch that tongue.

"Honey, how about we hold that thought. We don't wanna test out a feature, do we?" I slurred in her ear as I traced my finger against the collar.

I watched as she quickly shook her head. "I'm...sorry." I smiled and followed that with a pat on her head.

"It's okay, my dear. Now, it's time you eat." I smiled as I got up, I pulled a bottle of yogurt out of the mini fridge.

"Now, can I trust you?" I motioned to her wrist.

She quickly gave me a nod, adorable. I smiled as I took out a key and uncuffed her wrist, handing her the bottle of yogurt with a spoon.

I sat on the bed and watched. It was cute how cautious and nervous she was. Like a little lamb, a bunny.

"Taste good?" I smiled, which she responded with a nod. I gave her a stern look before she quickly fixed herself.

"Y...yes sir, it's tasty." She said as she quickly lost eye contact with me and continued to stuff her face.

I smiled as I took the yogurt from her. "Good." She gave me a disappointed look as I threw it away.

"I...I wasn't done." She whispered. I tilted my head as I began to stroke her hair. "You're done when I say you're done. Now, get some sleep. We have a lot to discuss tomorrow."

She gave me a hesitant look before sliding into the covers. I followed as I took off my shirt and put on some shorts as I climbed into bed, holding her dear to my body.

"You don't move from this bed without my permission, you hear me?" I warned.

"Good night." She nodded in response. I let out a sigh as I held her closer.

"Sweet dreams my little lamb..."

Two chapters tonight, my friends! I hope you enjoyed! I expect there to be 5 more chapters ...

Kidding, you can't get rid of me that easily. A lot to happen! Love's story is far from over. I hope you all enjoyed.

Kisses.