21. Confession

Antonio

"What's...what's happening?" I watched as tears formed in her eyes.

"I'm gonna figure it out, baby. Don't worry. Just go to sleep." I said as I stroked her hair and shushed her. "Sleep..." I whispered into her ear as I slowly felt her chest lifting up and down in breath, followed by her adorable soft snores.

That was when I got a text from father.

Adam told me that Luca has a great liking and taste to the slut. He will be expecting to meet her tomorrow. Don't. Fucking. Ruin This.

The next morning was already filled with stress, I got out of bed and quickly grabbed a cigarette and sat out on the porch, I didn't even acknowledge Love.

This feeling was eating me alive, the thought of losing Love was enough to send me down a spiral. I couldn't let that happen.

I watched as my phone turned on and 5 A.M flashed my eyes. I let out a sigh, trying to sink up every moment. As I knew what I would conquer in 11 hours.

The sound of a creaking down made my head turn as I witnessed a sleepy Lovey.

"Why are you out here? It's dark?" She asked as she approached me.

"I'm just trying to think, dear. You should rest." I replied with a sigh as I blew out more smoke.

"You know smoking is bad for you, right?" She gave me a concerned look.

"My health is the least of my concerns right now."

"It's bad...isn't it?" She asked giving me a genuine face.

I let out a sigh as I motioned for her to sit beside me. "You see...there's a lot you don't know about me. My father is a very influential business owner. Most for the 'wrong' reason. What he does is dangerous and I am due to take over in time. The Conners are one of our family's many business clients. I made a deal many many years ago to marry into their family. But I was a child. Now, they're holding onto that deal and using it against me and If I don't follow through, I will disgrace my family and lose business and make very dangerous people mad." I said all in one breath.

She gave me a confused face before putting her hand on my shoulder gently. "It's gonna be okay, we will get through this..."

I give her a small smile, God, what this girl does to me.

"But...that's not where this ends. Adam, who is the my father's client in the Conner's family heard about you and the Hades family was informed. Luca Hades wants to meet you tonight. He's expected to be coming." I give her a frustrated look.

"But...you won't let that happen. Right? You won't let anyone take me." Her eyes were almost desperate.

"No, baby. But it's complicated." I let out a sigh as I threw the cigarette.

"How about we go get some rest and worry about it later?" She smiled as she wrapped her arm around my waist.

I give her a firm nod as I led her back into the bedroom. I smiled as I held her close to me, oh, she was all I needed.

Love
I hated myself for how I acted this morning. How could I be so kind to him after all he's put me through?

Sure, he's been getting better, if you don't count what he did to me yesterday, but that doesn't erase it. I sometimes forget that I can't walk out the door.

I let out a sigh as I noticed the bed as empty. I checked the clock on the bed side table and took note that it was 2 PM.

Shit!