10. Sunsetz

There are some things you don't realize are blessings until they're taken away. I miss logging onto social media to see what's new, sneaking into the kitchen at twelve in the morning to get a snack, binging TV, and listening to the music I want to. It puts things into perspective and makes me realize how much I took advantage of those things.

Antonio seemed to notice me in my thoughts as he began to stroke my hair and smile at me. What scares me is I never truly know what version of him I will get. One second, he's being everything I've ever wanted and making me feel loved and wanted, and the next minute he gives me that terrifying look in his eyes, almost as if he enjoys seeing me in fear.

"How did you sleep?" He smiled at me, in a sleepy voice that would be almost cute if he wasn't a monster.

"Fine," I say, giving him a fake smile. While in reality, I cried myself to sleep, which he would know if he wasn't such a deep sleeper.

His eyes showed a flash of concern, almost as if he knew I was lying but he didn't push it.

"I ordered you some new books and movies." He said as he sat up, putting on a button-up dress shirt. "Thanks," I say, almost robotically.

My response didn't please him as he grabbed my face in his hands and stared into my eyes. "You know what you need... some fun." He said, smiling to himself.

Fun? Where did he get fun from this equation?

He gave my cheek a pat before picking me up and beginning to carry me to a room that was colorful and had a twin-sized bed and a large selection of toys.

He sat me down on the twin-sized bed as he turned the lock on the door, securing me in. Before I could even ask the question, he gave me a rather terrifying answer.

"Do you like it? I've already started planning our future children's rooms." His smile was almost scary.

What the fuck?

"Oh... I don't think that's necessary."

He gave me an almost offended look, "Are you saying you don't want kids? Do you know how selfish that is of you?"

"I'm the selfish one?" I almost hissed. "You kidnapped me, don't you think that's selfish? You only care about yourself and what you want!"

The look in his eyes screamed DANGER.

He lets out a chuckle, before shaking his head playfully. "You want me to show you selfishness? I can get really fucking scary. You're future wife status but if you want to be demoted to hostage, we can do that too."

I tilted my head in confusion.

"Do you want to be chained up in the basement? Feed food that's not as tasty? Have to urinate and shit in a fucking BUCKET?" He yelled. "Or... we can continue what we've had. It's up to you."

The thought of that left a shiver down my spine. Instead of cursing him out and putting him in his place, I lowered my head. I didn't want to anger him.

He got on his knees and put his arms around me. "Tell me you're sorry baby and we can move on." He said as he kisses my ear.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.

"Sorry..." I whisper. I wish I wasn't so fucking weak.

He let out a satisfied sigh as he held me close. "I love you." He kisses my head.

No, you don't. Stop it.

"Can you try to walk for me sweetie? We have to see how your healing process is." He says, before standing up.

He held his hand out for support as I grabbed it and slowly placed my feet on the ground, a large spike of pain infiltrated my body. I let out a cry as I sit back down.

"Hey hey... shh shh. It's okay. Progress is progress baby." He says as he picks her up. "I wanna show you something."

He sat me down on the kitchen counter as he began to put various amounts of fruit and snacks into a basket, putting a blanket in there as well.

I watched him carefully as he picked me up again. Before I knew it, we were outside again. I held onto him closely, almost too tightly in fear.

"Shhh baby, these are my woods. I'll keep you safe. I know where we can go." He says as he places down the blanket before laying me on it. The view was beautiful.

 The view was beautiful

(My photo 🤍)

I was in awe of it's beauty. We had just made it to see the sun set. That was when I heard a grunt in annoyance from Antonio.

I looked back at him as I picked out a strawberry from the basket. "What's wrong?" I ask, I looked closely and saw blood on the floor, along with a used bear trap.

Emmie?
I then realized we were right next to where Emmie and I got caught. There was no one there.

"I guess your sister beat the odds." He hissed. "Sweetheart, we may have to get packing soon. Who knows what your excuse of a sister might pull." He said as he sat down beside me.

"Be nice..." I said in response. "Maybe tell your sister not to be a little bitch and I won't have to use such words." He hissed.

"Well...well. She helped you and you left her to die! How am I supposed to feel safe when you'll even kill those who want to help you!" I retort.

"She's not family. How many times do I need to say this? I will go out of my way to protect FAMILY." He says before grabbing a strawberry and shoving it in my mouth.

"Maybe try being quiet, it will spare us both!" He hissed.

I sigh, giving up on trying to argue with him. I began to lay down, Antonio grabs me before my head could touch the blanket and holds me in his arms. "I'll protect us. I'll make sure you're safe... no one will hurt our family. No one will break apart our family." He smiles proudly, his fantasy was short lived when flashlights were seen.

"Hello? Anyone here?" A voice could be heard.

Thank you so much for reading! I love you all so much! What are your predictions? Shout out to Aphrodite, I love you so much! <3 I hope you all have a beautiful day. 🤍