9. Play Dirty

Blood, poured down him as Emmie crashed the bottle of champagne on his head.

I let out a scream in surprise. I looked down as Antonio started to grunt on the floor. "I'm gonna fucking kill you!" He roared.

I began to cry in fear as Emmie grabbed my hand and began to run with me. Before I knew it, we were outside, in the woods.

Emmie stopped and looked at me before giving me a big hug. "I'm so sorry, Lovey." She says. "I truly thought he loved me."

Yeah, that excuses it.

But that didn't matter right now, being home did. I return the hug. "Is... is he gonna kill us?" I say with fear in my tone.

"No, I would never let that happen to you." She said as she held me close. I didn't understand the switch up, wasn't she just laughing at me in chains?

I appreciated her sweet words but we couldn't just be standing here. "We have to go." I whisper.

A loud thud could be heard.

We have to fucking go! I grabbed Emmie's hand as we began to run.

I felt nauseous and sick after running for so long, the intense fear wasn't helping either. The crunchiness of the leaves from us running was replaced with a high pitched scream. I looked down to see Emmie on the floor, crying, her foot bleeding, she was in a fucking bear trap.

I was too scared to move, what if I was gonna step on one. I looked down at her.

"Love! Help me!" She cried. I got on my knees beside her. "What do I do?" I said with tears running down my cheek.

I look around and move my foot back, allowing more room for Emmie, doing this motion I felt a crack and a snap and an intense pain in my foot. I let out a scream and cry as I noticed my foot was in a mouse trap.

I laid my head on Emmie's chest, I couldn't move, it hurt so bad.

I closed my eyes as I heard leafs crunching. I didn't even have to open my eyes to know who was before us. He let out a chuckle.

"Silly, silly, girls." He said in amusement. "Does it hurt baby?" He asked me, almost mockingly.

"Help... help us." Emmie said, with pain in her voice.

He smiled as he picked up me. "Don't worry... I'm gonna help...Love." He smiled. "Now, last time I checked. We weren't family. Only family matters to me."

I began to cry. "Please, please, help her! I'll do anything!"

He chuckled. "Quiet now. It's time we go back home." He said, spitting at Emmie as he carried me away.

I cried the whole way home, he kept shushing me, but how could he?

He can't leave her out there to die... that's not right. If he can throw her away so easily, who's to say he can't do the same to me.

He places me down in a room in the home that appeared to be in a medical setting. I was placed down on a bed you'd see at a doctor's office.

He began to hand cuff my wrist to the bed and then my unhurt toe

He smiled down at me. "Those woods have traps baby. I only know the correct route. I can almost guarantee if you were to run out there again, you'd find yourself in another trap." He said coldly.

"What's... what's gonna happen to Emmie?" I ask, a little too scared to hear the answer.

"I'm being very merciful. She tried to ruin our future, our family! I should have killed her myself. But no, she can either bleed out, get eaten by another animal, or possibly get out, which would be the least likely option. I don't give a shit anymore." He huffs.

I look down as more tears run down my eyes. She could be alive or dead tomorrow and I wouldn't know. "Anyways, we got this little guy to deal with." He says as he wiggled my foot, making me yell in pain.

He slowly removed the mouse trap which made me let out more painful noises. "It looks broken to me honey, the trap snapped some of your bones. Seems as if you'll be in a cast for a bit, won't you?" He smiled.

I frowned, knowing he was loving this. I knew he loved the idea of me barely being able to walk.

He began wrap up my foot as he slowly puts a cast on it. Does he have any experience? Aren't there more steps to healing it?

"Pain killers." He says as he holds two pills in his hand. "Open up." I would regret his moves but it hurt like a bitch.

He smiled as he pat my cheek. "Good girl." He said. "You look so cute laying there."

"Please... it's not comfortable and I'm hurting..." He smiles before nodding. "Okay, sweetheart." He said as he undid my bindings and slowly lifted me up and to his bedroom, locking the door and placing me down.

I looked at him and saw his bleeding head. I fucking hated him, but I still couldn't help see someone in pain. I motion for him to sit as I took a tissue and began to wipe the blood.

He watches me carefully, playing with my hair. I spent the next five minutes, bandaging his wound with all the resources I have.

He was about to pull me into bed with him, before my eye caught a familiar object. I reached for the bag on the floor before I grabbed a book and held it tightly.

He gave me a confused look. "I went and brought your stuff here." He said.

She smiles. "This is my favorite book. It's called Homesick by Aphrodite."

He gave her a soft smile. "How about you read it to me?" He said as he pulled her down under the covers and into his arms.

I opened the first page, reading to him, after thirty pages he looks mesmerized by me. If everything didn't happen the way it happened, the look he gave me would make me feel so warm and loved.

He smiles before grabbing the book for me. He smiled as he opens the book to the last page. I let out a gasp as I grab the book from him. "How... where?" I question as I looked down at the signed book.

"I've heard that you liked this book and I wanted to do this in return for you being so good." He smiled as he placed the book down. "But, enough of that. It's time we get you a must needed rest, hm?"

I nodded as he pulled me closer to him, he turned off the lights. "Night sweet girl." He said as he gave me a forehead kiss before I heard his light snores.

I hated the way his words made me feel warm. I fucking hated it. I hated him. But also I've never been loved before. This was all I've ever wanted, but why like this? Emmie. I was so scared and sad. I can't imagine how she's feeling or what she's going through.

I miss you mom, I miss you dad, I miss you Emmie.

Hi, friends! I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I love you all so much and your words truly mean a million to me. Have a beautiful day. :) 🤍