058

The large group of teens trekked through the vast forest to try to find Carmen and Eddie at Skull Rock. Dustin had been leading the way with his compass, much to Steve's dismay since he apparently knew the way completely off the top of his head.

"Dude, I'm telling you, you're taking us the wrong way," Steve told him as he, Beverly, and Chris followed the Henderson boy with the others a few yards behind them.

"It's north. I'm positive. I checked the map," Dustin replied.

"You do realize that Skull Rock, it's like a super popular make out spot?" Steve brought up, making Beverly glance over at him curiously.

"Yeah. So?"

"Yeah, well, it wasn't popular until I made it popular. All right? I practically invented it," Steve revealed and Chris snorted, quickly covering his mouth.

"Did you? Why haven't you taken me there then?" Beverly asked, arching her brow. She had been teasing, but she also wondered why he hadn't taken her at the same time. Chris and Dustin looked in between the couple, expecting some sort of argument to break out now.

Steve looked over at her, not expecting her to ask that. "Well, it's such a high school spot, it would be childish to bring you. And if I brought you here, it wouldn't be special to just you. I'd wanna bring you somewhere that only we would go to," he genuinely explained, kind of surprised at himself for that answer even though it was the truth.

Beverly's lips twitched up into a smile, not expecting that kind of answer from the boy. It honestly just made her love him even more, if that was even possible.

If Chris hadn't gotten over his crush on Steve, he would have melted and been jealous at the same time, but now all he could do was applaud the boy for that very correct answer. He was definitely a better boyfriend than he ever was.

Steve then shook his head, looking forward. "Anyway, we're heading in the wrong direction," Steve said to Dustin, getting back on track.

"Steve," Dustin said once Steve started walking walking ahead. "Where are you going? Steve!"

"Stop whining! Let's go! Come on! Trust me," Steve quickly said, waving his hand for them to follow him. Chris groaned, looking at Beverly since he expected her to share the same, annoyed look. But, she was too busy staring at Steve with a loving expression on her face. Chris smiled to himself, glad that Beverly had been happy...even though he was also extremely worried about the girl after what happened the other night.

Alicia, Robin, and Nancy had been walking behind the four, not bothering to catch up since they would probably hear them arguing more anyway.

"Oh my God, they're so adorable. I just wanna squeeze 'em, you know?" Robin said to Alicia and Nancy after they had slightly overheard Lucas and Max's conversation behind them.

"Yeah, they are," Alicia agreed, slightly jealous that Lucas had experienced that kind of love before her. "I'm glad they found each other, although now is a little bad timing."

"Yeah, this whole situation sucks," Robin agreed with a nod. "If I'm permitted to see a silver lining in this end-of-the-world doom and gloom, it would be the happiness of all of my friends," she said, looking directly at Nancy when she said it.

Nancy gave her a look. "Why did you look directly at me when you said that?" she asked.

"I didn't look directly at you," Robin denied.

Nancy glanced at Alicia. "Right."

"But, would that be so terrible if I did? For me to wish happiness for my friends?" Robin continued.