012

After receiving a lecture from her mother about not to eat too much at the party, or eat anything at all, Beverly was picked up by Chris. They were wearing their Ren and Ariel costumes, which was the pink dress and the maroon suit they wore to prom in the movie.

Carmen had driven Alicia to the party since Alicia, yet again, failed her driving test a few weeks ago. They were both wearing matching Supergirl suits, but they a bit different since Alicia was wearing leggings underneath hers and Carmen wasn't.

Chris and Beverly danced with each other at the party, with Chris drinking a lot more than she was. "Don't drink too much! You still gotta drive us home!" Beverly shouted over the music.

"It's fine, Bev!" he said back before he pulled her outside, where Billy was. The two made eye contact and he smiled enticingly at her, causing her to glance away since she hoped Chris didn't notice.

Someone was trying to chug the keg, but they ended up throwing up onto the grass, making everyone scream. "Let me try!" Billy said confidently, grabbing the keg hose. He then began to chug the alcohol in the keg like it was just water, making Beverly's eyebrows shoot up as she watched.

Across the way, she noticed Carmen watching with her mouth wide open and Alicia walk back inside, uninterested. Carmen then locked eyes with Beverly and mouthed, "So hot."

Beverly shrugged and nodded, not wanting to make a huge deal out of it since she literally had a boyfriend. "We got ourselves a new Keg King!" Tommy bellowed once Billy finished the keg. "Billy! Billy! Billy!" they all chanted.

"That's how you do it, Hawkins! That's how you do it!" Billy shouted as they all continued to chant his name. He then started to make his way inside, followed by Tommy and another boy.

"I'm gonna go the bathroom," Beverly told Chris and he nodded, not really paying attention since he was already drunk. She actually did have to go to the bathroom, so on her way there, she couldn't help but overhear the conversation Tommy and the other guy was having with Steve.

"We got ourselves a new Keg King, Harrington," Tommy told him with a smirk.

"Yeah. Eat it, Harrington," the other guy said and Steve took his sunglasses off, having some sort of staring contest with Billy. Nancy walked away from the boys, going toward the kitchen.

Steve then broke the eye contact and his eyes flitted over to Beverly, who was watching interestedly. "What do you want, Crawford?" he questioned frustratedly, mostly because he didn't feel like challenging Billy.

Billy held up his hand. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, Harrington," he said and Steve narrowed his eyes at him. "I don't think that's a nice way to talk to the lady."

Steve looked back at Beverly suspiciously, and she sucked in a breath, not saying anything. "Yeah, well, you don't know her like I do, Hargrove. And she has a boyfriend, so back off," he told him before he walked away, going to find Nancy.

Billy laughed, taking the cigarette out of his mouth and puffing out some smoke. He then looked over at Beverly, who was watching Steve walk away. "You two exes or something?" he asked over the music.

Beverly quickly looked at him, her eyes wide. "Hell no," she replied, heading over to the bathroom. Thankfully, there was only two people waiting ahead of her, so once they were done, she went to the bathroom.

She looked herself in the mirror as she washed her hands, feeling her fingers run over the promise ring she was wearing. She felt so guilty over the whole Billy thing, even though she actually hadn't done anything. She just felt like it was wrong of her to acknowledge another guy's attractiveness like that without saying anything to Chris.