035

The seven of them walked through the hallway that seemed to never end. It was a good thing Beverly and Alicia were both cheerleaders, meaning they were used to standing for hours to go over their routines, so their feet didn't hurt that bad. However, for Chris, since he had quit basketball and resorted to being lazy all year, his feet were killing him.

The others seemed to be doing fine and, in fact, Dustin seemed to be admiring the place. "I mean, you have to admit, as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive," Dustin pointed out.

"What are you talking about? It's a total fire hazard. There's no stairs, there's no exit, there's just an elevator that drops you halfway to Hell," Steve argued.

"Are you sure we aren't already in Hell?" Beverly queried with joking tone in her words. Steve shrugged and nodded, letting out a soft chuckle.

"They're Commies. You don't pay people, they cut corners," Erica brought up and Steve gave her a look.

"To be fair to our Russian comrades, I don't think this tunnel was designed for walking," Robin spoke up. "I mean, think about it, they developed the perfect system for transporting that cargo."

"Oh, yeah, they had the trucks," Alicia realized, waving a finger.

"It all comes into the mall like an old delivery," Dustin added.

"And then they load it up onto those trucks, like Alicia said, and nobody's the wiser," Robin finished and Alicia nodded.

"You think they built this whole mall just so they could transport that green poison?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, that seems a bit far-fetched," Chris said with a shrug.

"I very seriously doubt it's something as boring as poison. It's gotta be much more valuable, like promethium or something," Dustin voiced.

"What the hell is promethium?" Steve questioned.

"Oh, isn't that the stuff in weed or something?" Chris guessed, tilting his head to the side.

Alicia gave him a look, not knowing where he got that from. "Not even close," she breathed out and he made an 'O' shape with his mouth.

"It's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components," Robin explained and Alicia nodded, pointing at her since she knew the DC Comics reference from Lucas's comics.

"How do you guys even know that?" Beverly questioned, her eyes wide. Although Beverly had always gotten good grades, she wasn't genetically smart like the two of them seemed to be. She just knew what she needed to know.

Alicia and Robin both shrugged simultaneously. "It's basic information," they said, also at the same time, and they sent each other a smile as they walked.

"You're all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill," Erica said, pretending to gag. "Except for Chris, he's just dumb."

"Hey!" Chris exclaimed, getting offended even though he was the probably the dumbest one out of all of them. Even compared to Steve sometimes.

Erica shrugged. "Just the facts," she replied.

"No, no, no. No, don't lump me in with them. I'm not a nerd, all right?" Steve quickly told her, shaking her head.

"Yeah, I don't think I am either," Beverly added, shaking her head. She was used to be calling a nerd way back when and she finally thought she outran it, but a ten-year-old had to ruin it she supposed.

"Why so sensitive, Harrington, Crawford? Afraid of losing your cool points to a ten-year-old child?" Robin teased with an arched brow.

"No, I'm just saying I don't know jack shit about Prometheus," Steve responded and Beverly nodded.