007

After attending Will Byers's funeral with Alicia and Carmen because of Lucas Sinclair's affiliation with him, the girls went back to Carmen's house and just talked.

They talked about the funeral, they talked about Barb and the police questioning them, they talked about noticing Nancy and Jonathan talking as they left the funeral, and they talked about Beverly's fight with Chris.

She didn't really want to talk about the last one because she felt bad for blowing up on him like that, but she couldn't understand why Chris was so obsessed with being just like Steve. It was like he thought he wasn't already great himself or something.

Alicia and Carmen assured her that they would kiss and make up fast since it was a silly fight, but Beverly wasn't so sure. They rarely ever had screaming matches like that, it was mostly just stupid arguments that were resolved the minute after they occurred.

So, the next day, Alicia and Carmen set up a secret meetup to help Beverly and Chris reconcile. They hated seeing their best friend mope around, so they wanted her to make up with Chris fast with everything going on.

Carmen picked up Chris, claiming that she needed his help with a guy that wouldn't leave her alone. And since the girls slept over at Carmen's, which was close to the center of town, Alicia dragged her out of bed and forced her to walk around town with her.

Alicia would have been with her brother if Lucas wasn't rejecting her every time she tried to talk to him. So, she thought it would be best to give him some space and help her friend out to get it off her mind.

"Guys, what is this?" Beverly questioned once she saw Carmen get out of the car with Chris right behind her.

"This is a setup," Carmen told them and Chris's eyes widened, realizing what was going on. "You two are gonna make up."

Beverly and Chris locked eyes before they looked down, feeling awful about their fight yesterday. It just came out of the nowhere and the both of them were sorry. It was just a matter of who said it first.

And there was one person who always said everything first in their relationship...and that was Beverly.

She sighed. "I'm sorry, Chris. I was already worked up about the Will thing and then the Barb thing. I took it out on you and I'm sorry. You didn't know she was missing and I just jumped to conclusions about everything," she apologized, giving him a lopsided frown.

"I'm sorry, too. I shouldn't have yelled and I should've never mentioned Steve to begin with," he told her and Beverly glanced at Carmen, who subtly rolled her eyes. "I just...he's my best friend and I find it in my best interest to defend him on a lot of things. I know you don't like him, but..."

"He's your best friend and I should respect that," she finished for him and he nodded. "I'll try. I just...really don't like him."

"We had no idea," Carmen spoke up sarcastically behind Chris, making the four of them laugh.

"So...are y'all made up or what?" Alicia questioned, raising her eyebrows.

Beverly grabbed Chris's hand. "We're made up," she told them and Chris planted a kiss on the top of her head, making her smile up at him.

As the two embraced, Carmen looked over her shoulder to spot two people. "Is that Nancy with Jonathan?" Carmen asked, looking off into the distance.

They all followed her gaze, seeing Nancy helping Jonathan load something in his trunk before he closed it. It seemed like they were having a normal conversation as if they were friends. "What the hell?" Chris whispered to himself seeing as though Jonathan took an inappropriate picture of her.