039

"Help! Help! Help!" Beverly, Robin, and Chris continued yelling as their voices bounced against the metallic walls, echoing. They had hoped that maybe Alicia, Dustin, and Erica had somehow found a way out and had gotten the police, or even the US Military, to come save them down there.

But the chances seemed pretty slim since they were still stuck down there for what felt like hours.

"Hey, would you stop yelling?" Steve asked groggily as he started to finally wake up.

"Steve! Oh, my God! You're awake, thank God," Beverly breathed out as the other two tied together sighed in relief. "Are you okay?"

"My ears are ringing, and I can't really breathe, my eye feels like it's about to pop out of my skull, but, you know, apart from that, I'm doing pretty good," Steve told her, trying to joke his way through the pain. Beverly forced out a laugh to try and calm herself down, but it wasn't working.

"Well, the good news is that they're calling you a doctor," Robin spoke up, trying to think of the bright side.

"Is this his place of work?" Steve asked as he looked around. "I love the vibe. Charming."

"Yeah, tell me about it."

"Look, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...who knows if they were lying about the doctor? They could have just said that to get our hopes up and then crush us even further," Chris pointed out, shaking his bruised head.

"But they would need all of us alive to get information," Beverly argued.

"Do they really need all of us for information?" Chris said and Beverly sighed, licking her lips nervously.

"Yeah, which is why we have to get out of here before they come back," Robin began before she looked around the room, spotting something on the table. "So, okay, Chris, do you see that table over there to your right?" she asked him since Steve was now awake to also hear her plan.

Chris looked to his right, following Robin's gaze with their backs pressed together. "Yeah."

"And do you see those scissors?"

"Uh-huh," he hummed.

"Yeah, well, I think that if we move at the same time, we could get over there, and then maybe, I could kick the table and knock them into your lap," Robin planned out.

"And I could cut the binds," Chris added on, liking the idea.

"Yeah, and we could get out of here," Robin smiled.

"Yeah, okay, we can do that. Yeah," Chris agreed, starting to smile optimistically.

"Those morons. They left scissors in here?" Steve said and Beverly started to laugh, feeling herself become a little less tense since there was a slight chance they could escape.

"Yeah, morons," Robin agreed.

"Total morons," Beverly said and they all laughed along, easing their nerves a bit.

"Okay, so, on the count of three, we're gonna hop," Robin said, initiating the plan with Chris.

"Okay, good, hop on three. I gotcha," Chris replied with a nod.

"Okay. One, two, three," Robin counted down and they both hopped at the same time, moving the chairs. "Okay, that worked."

"Okay, yeah."

"Okay, keep going," Beverly urged with a nod, wanting to be as fast as possible.

"All right. Uh, let's try again," Robin said before they both started to count down together, hopping at the same time closer to the scissors. "Holy shit, this is gonna work!"