002

The next day at school, Beverly met up with her two best friends, Alicia Sinclair and Carmen Flores, who were polar opposites.

Alicia took things like school and tests very seriously, while Carmen could care less. Somehow, though, Carmen would always ace all her tests, no matter if she didn't study, and she also wanted to become a doctor.

Carmen was also absolutely boy crazy, always trying to find a guy to hook up with, while Alicia never even made the move to talk to any guys.

Beverly was like their in between. She cared about school, but also absolutely loved parties. She had a boyfriend, but would never ditch her friends for him unless they gave her the okay.

That's why their trio just...worked.

The three of them walked into the girls bathroom after the bell had rang since they all, somehow, had a free period together. When they walked in, Steve "The Hair" Harrington was scrambling to get his backpack on the floor.

"What the hell?" Alicia exclaimed since he was in the girls bathroom.

Steve immediately looked up, his eyes wide. Clearly, he wasn't planning on anyone coming into the bathroom once the other periods had started.

Beverly crossed her arms over her chest, taking this as a sweet opportunity to annoy the hell out of him. "Wow, I'd never thought that the Steve Harrington would be such a perv. What, did Nancy already decide to break up with you?" she taunted, arching a brow.

Steve let out a frustrated sigh, picking his bag up and fixing his pampered hair. Beverly resisted the urge to roll her eyes at it; not roll her eyes at him, but at his stupid hair.

"I was actually just in here with Nancy, so no. I'm not a perv and Nancy did not break up with me," Steve replied, going to walk out before Beverly stepped in front of him to block his way out. "Seriously? I have to get to class."

"How would Chris feel if I told him you were in the girls bathroom groping his sister?" Beverly questioned, making Carmen snort behind her.

"I-I was not groping her, okay? We were just having a conversation," he told her, but he wasn't even convinced with himself. Of course, he had been...making out with Nancy, but it was entirely consensual.

"Yeah, okay," she replied after she scoffed, totally unconvinced.

"And your boyfriend doesn't care that I'm seeing Nancy. In fact, he fully supports it," Steve continued with a nod of his head, like he had done something spectacular.

"Oh, really?"

"Yes. Unlike you, he thinks I'm a good guy."

"Ah, you boys are so blinded by your testosterone that you can't even differentiate between good and bad," Beverly responded, making Alicia nod her head proudly at the smart comeback.

"Testosterone?" Steve repeated in what seemed like confusion.

"Don't tell me you don't know what that means," Alicia spoke up, not too fond of idiots since she didn't have the complete patience for them.

"Actually, please do tell me you don't know what it means so I can use it against you," Beverly added quickly, an entertained smirk on her face.

"I know what it means!" Steve exclaimed frustratedly. "I just...don't know why it has anything to do with the conversation."

"Sure," Carmen muttered under her breath, laughing quietly.

"Look...would you three just move out of the way so I can make it to Mrs. Click's class? She'll give me detention if I'm late again," Steve pleaded, his lips pursed in a thin line as he looked down upon Beverly.