Wifely trouble

After a couple hours of scoldings and screechings the house has finally calmed down.

You expected this and could only glare at Tengen for pulling you into this mess. His eyes avoided yours as he scratched the back on his his and laughed sheepishly.

"How about some dinner, how's that? I shall flamboyantly cook for my lovely wives!" Tengen cheered to ease the tension.

All of your faces went grim. You see Tengen Uzui may have the most perfect face, body, and all around looks. His speed and skill are on par with his beauty but cooking..let's just say it wasn't as flamboyant as he made it sound.

Yeah I'm not staying long enough to have to suffer. We never had the heart to tell him such good wives we were.

You made up an excuse about not feeling well and going to see Shinobu anything to get out of this.

The wives glared at your back and you just stuck your tongue out at then as you walked out of your home.

Eh they'll get over it. pfffft but the look of dread on their faces were priceless!

Instead of going to see Shinobu you decided to Senjuro to borrow books about the previous fire pillars. You thought that it may help you better explain to Tanjiro about your Heaven's breathing which you assume he just called it light for short.

Light pillar? And light breathing sounds dull, Heaven's breath has more of a flashy ring to it.

You made it to the fire estate each time you came it felt emptier and emptier because of Kyojuro's absence. You still couldn't believe he wasn't here anymore. His loud obnoxious voice the yells of tastiness. The estate was so quiet now.

"Senjuro!!!! I'm here!" You announced.

"Oh (Y/n) didn't think I'd see you how are you? Did you need anything?" Senjuro asked kindly.

He is so adorable reminds me of Tanjiro!

"Keep it down you brat!" A grumpy voice yelled from across the hall.

"I'm surprised your ears still worked old man!" You yelled just to tease him.

Unfortunately the only reply you got was silence.

"Is he still y'know?" You said solemnly.

"Drinking yes, but he's been slowing down a lot ever since big brother left us." Senjuro smiled lightly.

I can't began to imagine the pain Shinjuro and Senjuro had to endure losing such a bright flame. He was loved by everyone even more than the Love Hashira? Mitsuri would have my head if she knew I was thinking this..

You sighed and got up from the seating position you were in. Closing the book about the fire pillar history and tossing it into Heaven's pocket. As you readied yourself to leave you came to an abrupt stop hearing Senjuro say something you never thought he would say.

The words played back in your head.

"Big brother secretly loved you, but his respect for Tengen was too great that he hid his feelings from you. I know he wouldn't have wanted you to be sad and move on with your life. He always would tell me to Set your heart ablaze and I think you should do the same." He finished.

You were speechless. How did Senjuro know how you were feeling, it's only been a month and everyone acted like it was okay. Well you in fact was okay not in the least. The last minutes of his life he spent on comforting you, and yet he was the one dying!