Playfulness

2 days later

It's been a few days since you all returned from the entertainment District. You and Tengen have been staying at the butterfly mansion. Shinobu didn't waste anytime making you both drink unknown liquids she described to be medicine. There you were laying in the white hospital bed bored out of your mind.

"You look like shit (Y/n)." Tengen said as he joked with you.

"Says the man who's missing a limb and probably will be potentially half blind in the future." You scoffed in return.

"I still have one good arm. And that'll be enough for me to do what I do best flamboyantly of course!" He says with a chuckle causing you to blush madly.

You can't just say that out loud!

As on queue Shinobu walked in with her usual smile.

"Hi (Y/n)! and Tengen. I've come to do your regular check ins." She said in her sweet voice.

Her smile was replaced with a evil stare.

"Ah, Tengen I see you have been moving around even after I requested you shouldn't. And (Y/n) shame on you for letting him do so." She said in a low voice.

"Shinobu please go easy on me! It was him he did it. The mean man forced me into submission. I wanted to tell you I truly did but Uzui can be really scary." You lied through your teeth hopefully thinking she'll lighten your punishment.

She nods and just walks out of the room.

"What the hell (Y/n) what happened to sticking with eachother until the end! But I gotta admit that lie was very flashy it even fooled me." He chuckled causing his body to ache.

"Hey, Uzui. Thank you for risking your life to save me." You said sadly.

"No, it is you who saved me, my very flashy and beautiful wife. If not for your healing that you snuck on me, we would all be dead. And even that barrier you saved us all!" Tengen said proudly.

You could only nod in return as you still felt regret. You miss him holding you but as Shinobu request you made him stay in his own hospital bed for the next few days.

Meanwhile through those days you would whimper in your sleep not going unknown to your flashy lover.

"Yknow. (Y/n) my ears work fine." Tengen said out of nowhere.

You looked at him in shocked as he got up and hovered his muscular build over your slim body.

"You forget I'm an ex shinobi and the ex sound Hashira and they flashiest husband. I'm not some nobody. So speak up and tell me what has you whimpering these past few nights, obviously it isn't me." He said with a serious look on his face as he moved his head closer to yours that was resting on the pillow fully facing him.

"I don't want to talk about it Tengen!" You yelled and almost instantly covering your mouth surprised by your actions.

With a shock and hurt look as well Tengen got off of you and went back to his bed turning away from you.

I..didnt mean to yell at him..I just

Tears began streaming from your face as you couldn't contain your emotions anymore. Seeing him get so hurt by you just made your bubble of emotions pop.

"I'm sorry..I'm so so sorry..Uzui." You whimpered out throwing your head into your palms.

Next thing you know you were pulled into an one arm embrace.

"It's not flashy to make your wife cry. I'm sorry if I pushed you to far (Y/n). Come here lay with me." He says as he ruffled your hair and stroked your back with his hand letting you cry into his chest.

He's so warm..Tengen

"That day..I thought you died..I didn't know what to do..seeing your body..in such a state it was in..even now..I blamed myself..you knew you were already stricken by poison..you even lost your arm for me..I lost it ready to give up the very life you risked yours to protect. I'm pitiful and just an unfit wife.." You finished in between sobs. You felt Tengen grip grow tighter you look up at his face and saw a tear streak down his face.

Shock filled your face and you did what you thought was best at the moment and kissed him allowing him to kiss you back more passionately.

"You're not an unfit wife. Marrying you was like the best thing to ever happen to me." He said breaking the kiss.

"The other wives are great too but you, I can relate to more. You are worth risking my life for you all are. I will never let your smiles fade because that is the duty of the flashiest husband!" Tengen said as he kissed your forehead you in return kiss his bandaged arm and held it. It wasn't your burden anymore it was your treasure, a reminder of how much Uzui loved you.

"Erghm! Are you love birds done. It's time for your medicine and since you two can't stay put I've added extra doses!" Shinobu said with an evil smile.

"Shinobu wouldn't that potentially kill us!?" You asked worriedly.

"Oh. Nope you guys should be fine..I hope!" She said keeping that same grin on her features.

"Shinobu, just wait till I make my flamboyant recovery, I'll return what you gave tenfold." Tengen smirked.

You idiot you're only gonna make it worse for us!

You pushed Tengen off of you and tell him to behave and go back to his bed. Satisfied with our disgusted looks she exited the room happily humming.

"Uzui darling your are going to get us killed by the insect hashira!" You said in a panic yelling at him.

"Now, now (Y/n). I'm flamboyantly loved by all. Kocho is no different she wouldn't do anything to hurt us. I hope." Tengen said with a smile.

"I swear you are the god of idiots and not festivals! When we get out of here can we pay a place a visit. I need to see my mother's grave you understand don't you. Suma and the others can accompany us as well, I know they're worried sick since Shinobu wouldn't let them visit.

Tengen just shot you a knowing glance and nodded. He didn't look to happy about you all visiting that god forsaken place. It wasn't because of your mom's grave but because of your father.

Maybe we won't bump into him...