Chapter 52

Miranda Bonham

"That's it? All is forgotten, all is forgiven?"I asked, because I just couldn't help not knowing.

"Nothing is forgotten. It will never be forgotten. Today," Nixon said, motioning with his arms around us. 

"Today will probably go down in Werewolf history, just as the day that Asher and Preston took down my father."

"Is all forgiven?" It was the main thing I was interested in.

"You kept things from me. It's the only thing you did. I shouldn't have done what I did to you."

"I thought you didn't care. When you rejected me, I thought you didn't want me anymore. And then you came, and you," I told him, feeling the emotion in my voice. 

"You used me."

When he took a seat on the couch next to me, I started slapping his chest. I kept slapping him, while I was sobbing and crying and just letting it out, all over again.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," he kept whispering, while holding me tightly in his arms.

I wasn't sure when it happened, but at one point in the middle of my hysterics, I fell asleep in Nixon's arms.

I woke up the next morning to the sounds of people arguing. It didn't take me long to realize it was Nixon, Preston, and Zander.

"She's not fucking going with you! Last night was a fluke. We can have another round right now!"

"Preston!" Zander snapped.

"It's not your decision," Nixon said.

He didn't seem mad, but he sounded annoyed.I stepped out of the room, and walked a few steps down the hall where they were at.

"Andy, tell him," Preston said to me, urging me to reject Nixon's proposition.

"Dad is dead."

"Yeah, he's dead because this son of a bitch killed him," Preston snapped, coming over to my side protectively.