Chapter 17

Miranda Bonham

Once again I found myself in his room, waiting for him to be done with his meeting. Being alone had given me time to think. It was obvious I had to make a decision. I needed to know where I stood. 

It was still highly possible that Nixon had gotten his information wrong.

If that were the case, there was no way I could let him hurt my dad, or even Zander. At the same time, my Wolf had already taken a side. 

She was with Nixon no matter what. Having an inner battle with myself had me more confused than I had been before.

I'd only been waiting an hour, when Nixon walked in.

"How did it go?" I asked him, as I got up from the bed.

"We have a plan," he said, sounding confident. It wasn't unusual on him though. He always seemed so sure of himself.

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

I had gotten up to meet him half-way, but he motioned for me to sit down on the couch.

We were sitting down side by side. I had my legs propped up on the couch, with Nixon's hand over them.

"I'm almost certain Craven will know weíre here. For the moment, there are more of them then the men I brought. One of the men found out that Craven and Zander are meeting up tonight," Nixon said.

I was wondering how his guy got the information. It kept passing through my mind that someone from the pack was telling them, but there was no way to be sure.

"Why are they meeting up?"

"I'm assuming Zander wants to let Craven know that I'm here. They are meeting up outside of Craven's land, so that's our chance to get him. I'll worry about Zander after I have already caught Craven." 

The way he so easily talked in front of me about capturing my dad- it bothered me.