Chapter 31

Miranda Bonham

"You guys sure took your sweet time out there," I said to Preston and Clay right after they stepped into my room.

I had been pestering them to come back and Preston kept telling me they were on their way.

"Their land is pretty big," Preston commented.

"Like really, really big," Clay added, sounding impressed.

"Royalty, remember?" I told them.

"So what did you need?" Preston asked. He walked over to the bed and jumped on it. "How come your bed is bigger than mine?" Preston asked, frowning at me.

"How should I know?" I asked him, surprised by his change of subject.

"It's because I'm the prince," Nixon replied, as he entered the room. He had gone downstairs to speak with King Luther, and to work on some stuff. 

I really didn't know what Nixon's work or duties consisted of. He tried explaining, but I got confused when he began involving all fourteen packs.I had thought my dad's work was overwhelming sometimes- and he only had one small pack to worry about. King Luther and Nixon had well over that.

"Does that mean your mom and dad's bed is bigger than yours? You know, since they're the king and queen," Preston asked Nixon with a smirk on his face.

Nixon didn't look amused with his comment, but he let it go.

"Have you talked to him about this?" He asked me, while nodding at Preston.

"Not too much. He only knows that I had the idea," I told him.

"This is about the Alpha thing?" Clay asked.

"My father thinks we should do it next week. He also wants Preston to be introduced to the kingdom during your ceremony," Nixon told me. He came to my side and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Why?" Preston asked.

"Before we make any assumptions, you have to win. If you do, everyone will love the idea of having you as an Alpha if you are Miranda's brother. She will be their queen soon," Nixon explained. Clay laughed, while Preston frowned.