Chapter 19

Miranda Bonham

"I'll take care of her," another guy said. 

This one I remembered. His name was Harry, and he was also one of Nixon's goons.

I barely paid attention to him, because I was now focusing on that one statement that was making my body shake in agony.

I should've known he was hurt. If my father had attacked, there was a big chance Nixon would get hurt. I felt so stupid for not realizing that before. 

I had assumed that if Nixon had escaped, he would be okay. Now I knew that I had been wrong.

"Don't let her go. Lock her up in the shed. The king considers her a traitor to the crown as well," the first guy said, while scowling at me.

Harry didn't say anything. He only nodded at the other guy, and started walking out with me.

"No, let me go!" I yelled, as I pulled out of his arms. I had barely snapped out of my daze. Harry was walking me around the large house.

"I need to see Nixon," I told him, trying to get out of his hold.

"That's exactly where I'm taking you," he replied.

I stopped in my tracks, looking at him with distrust.

"How do I know you're not lying?" I asked, my voice coming out in a growl. 

I was now angry because the other guy hadn't let me through. Nixon was hurt. My father was the one who hurt him, and it was all my fault.

"You don't. Even if I was lying, you wouldn't be able to escape from me," he replied. He tugged on my arm, making me start walking.

I could do so many things. I could put up more of a fight. It was only him against me. But I was feeling weak, and as it was, he had the advantage. He was a male Wolf.

I could also shift, but he would probably be bigger than me. I didn't think I would be able to outrun him, especially in my state.