Chapter 4

Nixon Edington

"My prince," Harry was the first to say.

I looked at him with a frown, trying to get him to not say anything else.

"Prince?" Miranda said, with a questioning tone.

"Don't say anything, I'll explain later," I said to my men, through our mind link.

Miranda started laughing, and she turned to look at me with a raised eyebrow.

"No wonder you expected me to pull out a red carpet for you. You actually do have goons following you around like if you were royalty," she said, crossing her arms.

All of the men stared at me incredulously. I was just waiting for the chance to get her away from them. I wasn't fearful of any of my men, but if they found out Miranda was indeed Craven's daughter, they would call my father to tell him.

There was no way I would jeopardize my mate's life.

"Should we," Harry started to say, and let the sentence hang- more than likely waiting for me to give an order.

"Rest. We have a big day tomorrow. She's coming with me. Don't knock on my door unless it's absolutely necessary," I ordered.

Some of them gave me grins, assuming I had picked up Miranda for fun.

They couldn't have been more wrong.

Even if I wanted to mate with Miranda- which my Wolf and I were dying to do- she would never allow it.

All of them nodded their head, and some said "goodnight", as I dragged Miranda with me upstairs.

She was making it difficult to walk. Not only was she putting up restraint, I felt her trying to run away. If it wasn't for my arm that was safely wrapped around her waist, she would've created a scene in front of the men.

"Who were those guys?" She asked me, when we were about to reach my room.