Chapter 49

One week later

One week later

Miranda Bonham

"Andy, you need to stop this," Preston told me, reproachfully. He was glaring at the tray of food that Zander had brought for me earlier in the morning.

"I'm not doing anything. I haven't even left the room."

"I know that!"

"I'm very aware that you and dad hate looking at me," I quietly added. 

I propped up my legs, and wrapped my arms tightly around them, feeling the need to shield myself from Preston. Last night had been rough for me. It was past midday, and I hadn't gotten up from bed yet.

"That's what I mean. You don't eat, you don't sleep, and you spend the entire day holed up in here!" He snapped.

"Why would I leave the room? You and dad hate me. Mom doesn't even want to be around me. Clay and Zander seem to be the only ones who care." 

All week had been a rollercoaster of emotions for me.Everyone had separated themselves from the pack in The Island. It made sense. Dad was a natural Alpha, and he'd taken back control of the pack, what little of it that had left The Island to come with us.

Everyone had done it, except for me. I was still part of The Island. 

I just couldn't bring myself to break one of the last two things Nixon and I had that brought us together. The pup I was carrying and my connection with The Island.

I could feel Nixon every single day. He was there. He called me so many times, yet I blocked him every time he tried to enter my mind. 

Forming part of the pack, having that connection with him, it made me feel less lonely.

It hadn't just been Nixon who wanted to get into my mind. Several other Wolves from the Island had tried it. My guards, Randall, and some of the Alphas had given it a shot. 

They were the only ones who had a stronger connection with me. I kept myself hidden from them though. I couldn't handle it.It was a high price to pay.