Chapter 41

Miranda Bonham

"What are you saying?" Nixon asked.

He released the hold he had on his mother. My heart starting pounding in my chest really hard and my body began shaking. I was scared to hear what the queen had to say.Preston had done it. 

Heíd gone through with it. I hadnít though his plan would even work.

ìI, I, he was, they went to,î Queen Lisbeth was trying to say in between sobs, but she couldnít bring herself to finish.

"This can't be true," Nixon whispered. He took a few steps back, which was when I turned back to face him.

His emerald green eyes where shining brighter than usual. The unshed tears in his eyes were glassing them over.

"Where is he?" Nixon asked through gritted teeth. 

He was trying to get some sort of composure back, but it was hardly working. He did however look determined to get to the bottom of everything.

"His body is in the Building of Justice. They've been waiting for you to arrive."

"Who did this?" Nixon demanded to know, grabbing his mother's arms roughly.

"Nixon," I whispered, placing my hand on his shoulder.

When his eyes landed on me, I felt my heart breaking into a thousand little pieces. Nixon let go of his mother and closed the distance between us. 

He wrapped his arms around me tightly, embracing me so hard. My feet left the ground as he carried all of my weight.

"Asher, he said," the queen started.

"Who's Asher?" I asked after Lisbeth fell silent.

"Asher is one of the Alphas. He has the biggest pack in The Island," Nixon explained, before turning back to his mother.

"What did Asher say?" Nixon asked.

"He said it was Richard and Ashlyn," she replied, before a sob wracked her body.