Chapter 2

Miranda Bonham

It was really late, but I needed a run of coffee. I usually tried to avoid coffee, but lately, I had found myself drinking it more and more.

Summer had just started, but I felt the need to have everything organized before the semester began this fall. I really didn't need anything else, but on my own, I couldn't find a way to relax.

I went to the café near my apartment, trying to avoid the one where I had met Zander.

I walked inside, reveling at the warm temperature and hearing the coffee brewing. Being a Wolf had its perks.

I didn't really want to think about my double life that involved my Wolf. My father was completely opposed to the idea of me studying and bettering my education. For him, high school was enough. He wanted me to find a Wolf, settle down, and take over the pack with my brother.

Even though my brother was meant to be the Alpha, my father wanted to assign whoever I chose to partner with, as the Beta.

I had never been interested in anyone from the pack. Not that there wasn't a long list of strong and attractive shifters, it was just that none of them ever appealed to me.

Me- I wanted something different. I really didn't know what I was looking for, but I was sure I would know when I found it.

As I walked more inside the café, I felt my Wolf unsettling. She was going crazy and was begging to be let out. I couldn't understand what was happening. The last time she had gotten like this, was after an argument I had with my father. Even then, it wasn't half as bad as she was getting right now.

I looked around, trying to hide the fact that I was having an inward melt down.

While I was looking around, I noticed a guy in the corner of the café, just staring at me. I couldn't help but stare back. As I kept my gaze locked with his, my wolf started moaning in pleasure. It was embarrassing the thoughts that were running through my mind in that moment.

Everything about the guy screamed 'appeal'. It was hard to miss how good looking he was. If there was ever a definition of handsome, it was him. I wanted to look away from him, but I couldn't. His eyes seemed to have me in a daze.