Chapter 38

Miranda Bonham

"Miranda," Nixon called out, but I completely ignored him.

"Well then why don't you want to get ready?" Preston asked.

"I'm sleepy."

"You can sleep later princess," Preston said in a teasing voice.

"Go away," I told him playfully. I cracked a smile, and he offered me a grin in return.

"There she is," he said to me.

"I've been here, idiot. I'm just a little slow this morning."

"You've always been a little slow," Preston said.

He ducked away when I swatted my hand in his direction. The moment he saw me pick up the digital alarm clock on the nightstand, he quickened his pace and left out the door.

"Are you feeling better?" Nixon asked me once Preston was gone.

"I'm not going. You might want to get rid of the people waiting for me downstairs."

"This is something we can't cancel Miranda. If I tell my father to cancel it, he will order the execution for today, whether you approve of it or not." There was no remorse in his voice.

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" I asked.

"We're not going to discuss this again," Nixon said.

He didn't give me a chance to retort back. He just grabbed his wallet from the nightstand and walked out of the room.

"Get up. I'm sending the women who are going to help you get ready up to our room," Nixon said through the mind link.

He shut his mind from me right after, leaving no room for me to argue about it. I was dressed in a long navy blue gown. I kept looking at myself in the mirror and I still couldnít believe it was me. 

I couldn't believe I was about to become a princess, unlike any fairy tale, and I was unhappy.