Chapter 6

Miranda Bonham

I stood in the same place where Nixon left me as he drove away.

I had no clue what had just happened, but it was amazing. I didn't know why I let him touch me, or kiss me- but my lips still felt the warm feeling on them.

My body felt the heat from when he was holding me. All my thoughts were jumbled up, and I shook my head- hoping to clear up my mind.

My Wolf was begging to be let out, but I didn't give in to her. She only wanted to chase after Nixon and beg him to mate with us.

The thought excited me as well, and that in itself was confusing.

I thought about getting rid of his phone, but I couldn't bring myself to destroy it.

I held it close to my chest and even went as far as placing a soft kiss over it- knowing it belonged to him.

It wasn't like he had really hurt me, and he did let me go. The connection my Wolf and I felt with him was impossible to deny.

I walked into my apartment to find the lock broken. My instincts kicked in and I prepared myself to attack the intruder.

I tried scoping out the scent in the room and caught an all too familiar smell.

"You didn't have to break my door!" I yelled out.

I walked into the living room of my apartment, to find my brother sitting on the couch, looking not too happy.

"I came to look for you late last night. You didn't answer the door so I waited for you to get home. Surprisingly, you never did. Now, you appear wearing a man's t-shirt, late in the morning- the next day," Preston said, getting up from the couch and stalking toward me.

I didn't move as he approached me angrily.

"Is that why you wanted to leave home so badly? To get a chance at seeing what the world has to offer, while staying out with God knows who?" Preston asked, sounding hurt.