Chapter 11

Miranda Bonham

"Is everything alright?" He asked, as we stood in the living room.

I wasn't ready to let him go. His scent was calming me and my Wolf down. It was what I had needed to finally let my thoughts rest.

Still, I took a step away from him.

"Why does my dad not like you?" I asked, knowing if I was going to get answers from somewhere, it would be from him.

"It's not exactly me he doesn't like. It's the idea of a kingdom. We have rules, and he doesn't want to follow them," Nixon replied.

I grabbed his hand, and moved him to the couch.

He took a seat next to the arm rest, and I sat as close to him as I possibly could. My legs were propped up and resting on his thighs. I held to his hand like my life depended on it.

Having him close to me reassured me that everything would be alright.

I wasn't sure if I should trust the feeling or not, but right now, it was all I had.

"Has my dad always lived out here? Or did he ever live in that place where you came from?"

Nixon looked thoughtful for a minute. Even his concentrated expression- which made his eyebrows furrow- made him look attractive. He definitely looked like a leader. Now I knew why he radiated power. He was more than an Alpha- a lot more.

"I'm not so sure when he asked permission to leave. According to records, he did live in the Island for about twenty years. After that, he came and went for a couple of years. Then, he just never returned."

I didn't know what to say. I didn't really have any idea if that information would be helpful to me.

"What about my mom?"

"She lived in the Island as well. Your mother and Craven are actually mates," Nixon said.

I turned to face him, feeling a brush creep into my face.