Chapter 46

Miranda Bonham

He roughly took a hold of my arm once again and shoved me towards the bed. I hadn't been ready for the brutal force he would use, so it caught me off guard.

While I was trying to get back on my feet, Nixon picked up the dress shirt he had just been wearing.

"Where are you taking me?" I nervously asked. 

He was beyond furious. He was angrier than any other time I had ever seen him. It surpassed even the anger he had shown when he thought Ashlyn and Richard had killed King Luther.

"Silence!" He snapped. 

He was dragging me through the palace corridors. When we reached the stairs, he didn't care that I was tripping on my way down. He was walking faster than me, and I was barely able to keep up. 

Whenever I started catching up to his pace, he would just start moving faster. There was no one there to help me. Preston was in his territory, along with Clay and my mother. 

Even if they were there, they wouldn't have been able to do anything. I thought about calling Preston to warn him, but I couldn't do it. Nixon was going to after Preston. It was the logical thing to do. 

Warning Preston, it would give him an advantage over Nixon. I couldn't do that. I didn't want Preston to kill Nixon. 

Once we stepped outside, Nixon shoved me into a black sleek car. I had never seen him drive while we were in The Island, but he had been driving when we were still in the US.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

My voice was shaky, and I felt like a mess. Nixon gave me a side glance, tightened his hands on the wheel, and stepped on the gas.

"King Luther was a bad man, Nixon. I know it was wrong to go behind your back, but he was going to kill my dad," I said, pleadingly.

"You have no right to say that, not after my father is dead."

"I'm sorry." I lowered my head into my hands, feeling the hot tears spilling down my cheeks. Nixon growled, and grabbed the nape of my neck, forcing me to look up.