24. Stuck with you

Next day

Y/n's POV

My heart skip a beat. I walk inside the nurse station at 6:15 am. I meant to come early since last night I ignore his call. I am ready to receive his anger on me. It's my fault, I know I shouldn't ignore his call but I also I can't disobeying my husband.

No one here just yet, except them who had a night shift, they are resting. Smiling at me when I come in simply welcomed me as I sit on my chair, not daring to get inside my room, I meant to wait for Dr. Min.

Darla, the one who's in the night shift, she sit with me with her tires eyes, I can already tell she didn't sleep last night. I look at her with smile as she also smile at me.

"You don't come last night, Y/n, Dr. Min is really angry, we lost the patient." She tells me as she rest her head in her arm with her eyes half sleeping. My back is shiver after she tells me, I feel guilty.

"What happened last night? I didn't know Dr. Min even calling me, I was sleeping." I tell her my reason to defend myself. I don't want anyone to misunderstand that I actually ignore his call.

"There's an accident, someone try to commit suicide, she jump off the third floors of her apartment, her skull cracked, when she got here, she's in the extreme bleeding, Dr. Min was in the ER last night, it's been a month, he never go home, this hospital is his house because he never leave." She tells again with her eyes close.

"What about the patient? Does she made it?"

"What do you think? She lost so many blood, there's nothing we can do to save her anymore, she's gone, and that makes Dr. Min frustrated." She's yawning.

"So Dr. Min is still in the hospital?"

"Hm.. Maybe he's sleeping in his office, Y/n." Darla doze off. I have to meet him and apologize.

I stand up to go to my room and keep my stuff there. I was planned to meet him and apologize, I can't keep quiet like this and ignore him, he's my boss and my teacher. I feel like I'm being ungrateful.

Arriving in front of his door. I stopped, and raising my hand to knock. But I was hesitated. What if he's sleeping and I'm disturbing him?

Screw it, I'll get scold now or later for my misbehaves. I knock his door and wait for him to open the door or shouting to just let me in. But as I wait, there's no response. I knock again this time, still no response. I feel like giving up and I'm about to leave but then, Dr. Min open the door, he's like the last time I saw him, fresh and hot.

His hair is dripping wet, he uses towel to dry it, he wear simple white shirt and short. I didn't realize what I do is scanning him up and down with my eyes in awe.

"You should really blink, Y/n, you'll make your eyes dry if you do that." He told me like the first time I have the same reaction seeing him.

"G.. Good morning, Dr. Min." I bow to him politely and look down to my shoes.

"Good morning, you alright? Why are you stuttering?" He says and I'm daring to look up to him.

"Nothing, I just.."

"What do you need, Y/n?" He asks again. My brain work fast to remind me why am I here.

"I.. I wanna apologize about last night, I didn't know you were calling me, I checked this morning because last night I fall asleep, forgive me, doctor, I didn't mean to ignore your call." I bow to him again and look down. He just sigh as I also hear him chuckles.

"That's why you come early?" He says, I look at him as I nod, he cross his arms on his chest and he look down at me with smile.

"Yes."