09. Misunderstand

Next day

My eyes focusing the leg of a lady whose lying unconscious on the surgery bed, doctors try to take her cancer off of her leg by also cutting the join if her right leg. The only way to safe her from this cancer is to cut the leg.

I can already imagine how shocked she would when she wake up and realize her leg is gone. This time patient need a mental support, counseling, and good medication after surgery.

Jimin's mother. I'm assigned to assist in her surgery with Dr. Min today. Who would have thought that this sort of thing will happen. When I have to deal with my past again. World are indeed small.

But I don't want to acknowledge the feeling, I can't carried away. I have to focus on this work.

A few hours later, I take my leave and go back from the recovery room, Mrs. Park is awake, she's being send to ICU as I informed Blue that Jimin's mother will be there. She knew the story I told her before, so she wouldn't be surprise.

I rub my nape, the pain is coming due too much standing, I drank some water and rest my back on the one sized bed in my room. Closing my eyes, sigh in relief. I was about to sleep when I got disturbed by my phone rings. I sit up and groan in frustration, take my phone from my pocket to see who's calling.

Dr. Min's name appear in my screen as I flinched, I sit straight and clear my throat before I answer his call.

"Doctor?"

"My office now, Y/n." He summon me as I gulp.

"But I haven't start my report ye-"

"It's okay, do it later, my office now."

He end the call as I frown, I get up and go to his office. Grabbed my notebook with me. I knock at his door as he told me to come in. I twist the knop and enter his office. He sit on his desk, files scratches in his desk as he looked frustrated. I came closer and sit on the chair in front of him.

"Is everything okay, doctor?" I ask carefully and he look up to me.

"I need you to come with me today, we have a schedule at Dr. Myung's hospital."

"Today? So we're going out of town?"

"Yes." He stand up as he tidy up his files and fix it in one folder and then he gave it to me.

"Get your stuff and bring this files, I'll wait for you at the parking lot."

He out of his office, leaving me in bewildered. I run back to the nurse station and grabbed my stuff. My lunch box and water and go to the parking lot where Dr. Min wait for me.

His car is parked in front of the ER. I open his car door and sit in the passenger seat next to him. He drive away, I look out of the window and catch a glimpse of those jealous eyes from seniors whom hated me, I couldn't care about it, that doesn't matter.

Sending a short text to my husband to inform him that I'm leaving town with Dr. Min for a schedule, also Blue, she would be upset if I leave without a trace.

"Is Tomy often to go out of town with you too?" I ask as he drive, he look at me and the look back to the road.

"Not really, I didn't take outside job too much when he assisting me, we are too busy here."

"So this is my first time. I adore Dr. Myung, he's a best orthopedic in town."

"You titled everyone with best, Y/n, what about me?" I sensed some jealousy the way he say it because he often to hear me compliment people.

"You're a best surgeon in town too." He smile as I do the same.

"That's fair. I also wanna discuss about our recent patient."