23. Busy

Y/n's POV

Many days later

"...Y/n, it's an emergency, you have to come here now!"

That's what I heard every time Dr. Min call me, in the middle of the night, while I was sleeping, make love, eating, even while I was on the beach going for vacation with my little family, he call for an emergency duty. So with this upsetting news, I have to go back to the hospital.

Is not often I am arguing with my husband about this sudden call. I make him understand that I'm not a single nurse anymore. Once you're assisting surgeons, you will also have unpredictable schedules. Even working like them without caring about the time. A reason why I should prepare for this kind of situation.

The last Saturday I was about to get inside my house when my phone rings, I saw Dr. Min call for an emergency, he told me we have a child accidentally swallowed coin and now it's stuck in his throat, blocking his air circulation. Dr. Min didn't trust anyone with his patients without handling it with me. I don't know if it's only his excuses to stay close to me, but I couldn't accuse him like that when it comes to a people's life.

I lie down in the small bed of my room at the nurse station, I have been working for, I don't know, I got here yesterday at 6:30 am, now it's 2 am the next day. Which mean almost 24 hours. This is crazy, I feel like a total surgeon more than feel like nurse.

Someone knocked my door when I was about to fall asleep. It startled me and I get up to open the door for them. My head spinning but I try to hold it and stand up straight and keep my eyes open.

"Wake up Y/n." My eyes half close when I hear the man's voice speak to me.

"What happened? Do we have an emergency?"

"No, your husband is here to pick you up." I don't see him, my eyes close due the extreme sleepiness. I nod at him without knowing who he is.

"Okay, I'll go down after this."

I was about to turn around take my stuff but I feel my wrist being hold by a big and firm hand. I stops and look up with my remaining strength to keep my eyelids stay.

"Wait, Y/n. Wake up, wash your face face to get a bit fresh."

"Hm." I nod. Feeling his palm patting my cheek softly to keep me awake.

"I'm sorry that you have to get through this, I can't if I'm not do my work with you, I promise that you will have a good payment." I heard him saying but his voice sounds too far away and I was in the edge of closing my eyes, I can't hold this tiredness anymore.

"It's okay doctor, all I need is sleeping right now." I mumbles and letting his hold go as I walk to my desk and get my stuff, I walk out of the room and leave the nurse station without saying goodbye or rather close the door of my room. I was too tired to do all of that. If I can make it to the parking lot without bumping any pole, that means I'm succeed.

Soon as I feel the cold breeze hitting my face, I'm awake almost instantly as the horns honking in the middle of silence shamelessly waking up the sleeper in the hospital. But that's good for me to keep me awake.

"Baby." The lovely voice I recognize triggers the smile on my face. My eyes open, seeing him.

"Where is the bed, I want to lie down and sleep." I throw my arms around him, needing him to hold meq.

"Let's go home then."

"Hm, is Sunny okay?" I close my eyes, comfortably rest my head on his broad chest. Feeling his hand on my back.

"Yes, she loves to stay with my sister."

"So we're alone?"

"Yes."