Chapter 23 - Memory

WC - 515

"Huh?" Xelqua was so confused, these strangers all gasped when he took off his mask, it was bothering him so he took it off, did he do something wrong. Also, who was Grian, why did they think he was him? "Who's Grian?"

"You silly," The mustached man was hugging him tightly, "Don't joke like that."

"Look, I have no clue who you guys are. If this Grian person is the one you're looking for I'm sorry but I'm not him," he pulled out of the mustached man's arms.

"What do you mean you don't remember me, it's Mumbo!" The man, Mumbo, looked like he was going to cry, hurt flashed on his gaze.

"I'm sorry, but I really don't know you."

"Mumbo, let's just go, clearly we've got the wrong person." The helmeted man grabbed Mumbo's shoulder.

"No!" Mumbo pulled away, "Grian, listen to me, I know that somewhere in there you remember me."

"I-" Grian started but was cut off by Mumbo.

"Please, you have to remember me. You have to remember me because I love you! I love you Grian, so please just remember." Mumbo was crying, Xelqua didn't know what to do though, how was he going to get Mumbo to understand that he was not Grian.

Xelqua's head hurt so much, taking his mask off didn't help. His head felt like it was pounding against his skull right behind his eyes. He felt like he was going to pass out.

"Mumbo, we should just go," A new man, who had a scar down his face, called out.

"I'll see you out, I'm so sorry I couldn't help you," Xelqua just wanted to lay down, maybe a nap would help his headache.

He opened the door for the strange group, wishing them luck before closing the door. He only closed it halfway before his headache flared.

...

He felt like he was watching an event happen through someone else's eyes. He was laying in the soft grass, daisies dotted the landscape. His headache was gone and the sun shone brightly, warming him from the inside out. He was alone, Mumbo sitting up next to him, smiling down at him. "What do you need my love?"

"Nothing, you look so peaceful when you sleep." Mumbo leaned down to kiss him on the forehead, the scene fading to black.

...

Mumbo felt like his heart was being broken into pieces, that watcher looked so much like Grian, even talked like him. He knew he was grieving but they were going to keep looking and find him. He had to stay optimistic otherwise the grief would crush him.

"My love," It was barely a whisper, but he heard it, turning around to see the watcher fall to the ground. This was Grian! Grian always referred to him as "my love"

"Xisuma, this is Grian, he must have done something to make him forget." Mumbo looked up at the admin who must have seen the certainty in his eyes because Xisuma nodded in agreement and whispered to Doc to help Mumbo carry Grian to the portal.

Dear Reader, 

Another longer chapter although nowhere near as long as the previous one. Don't get used to it, I don't know how long I'll keep making them longer. 

With warm regards,

Star (She/They)