Prologue

WC : 359 - a little shorter than I would like

The boy stood on the cliff edge and looked down at the world below him. What was once a glorious server was now overrun with mobs and yet it was eerily quiet. He couldn't see a single player but he knew he wouldn't, they were all gone, either taken or killed by the same entities that had taken him.

Years ago, before he was taken, he was the admin of a small server called Evolution, Evo for short. He created the world as an experimental game to explore Minecraft before most technological advances had been made and to slowly introduce more tech into it by updating the world every month or so. To do so though, he needed help, which he got from Watchers, powerful entities rumored to exist in the void. They were rumored to take over servers and cause chaos but he never believed the rumors.

Thinking back he should have, they were helpful at first but then they started to cause more and more chaos and demand more and more quests to be carried out. His last quest was to kill the ender dragon, a powerful mob-boss that resided in the end.

He never got back.

They had taken him, tortured him, and turned him into one of them. They gave him magic that they called ⊣ᔑリ↸ᒷ∷ᓵᔑᓭℸ ̣ ╎リ⊣, forced him to wear the attire of the Watchers, a cloak and mask, and transformed him to look like one if them, with bright purple eyes, a set of purple wings, and white hair. He despised them and was always looking for a way to escape back to Evo. So when he had finally gained the trust of the Watchers to let him go to the overworld, he ran.

He had only one goal, to get to Evo and let them know he was safe. But when he got there, it was empty. The Watchers had killed everyone he loved and he was lost.

So, he ran. He ran from the memory, from the pain, from the silence, from the world. He hid. He hid from the Watchers, from the grief, from the trauma, from the world.

Dear Reader,

I'm so excited to show you my first public book, I will try to post relatively quickly but I may fall behind and welcome a gentle reminder to publish. Thank you so much.

With warm regards,

Star (She/They)