Chapter 7 - The Truth

WC : 338

Xisuma watched for the fifth time that week as Grian snuck away from camp. 'It's his world of course he's not going to stick around us all the time,' He tried to reason with himself, 'but just in case.' He slowly started to follow the winged stranger, at a distance so that he could see Grian but Grian couldn't see him.

After around three hours of walking, Grian finally stopped, Xisuma watched as he lifted his arms above his head and purple energy came out of him.

...

Grian stopped right on the edge of his barrier, he didn't think the hermits knew this, but this world was a few hundred blocks smaller than the average world. This was because he had used his powers to create a fake border when the hermits had arrived making them see what he wanted them too. Grian raised his hands and made a small player sized hole for him to walk through.

In that moment he stepped out of the empty world the hermits knew and into Evo, he had not touched it since he had gotten free, only coming back here periodically to sit with the graves of his friends. He closed the barrier behind him and looked out at the charred ground before him, a single tear dripping down his cheek.

...

Xisuma watched as Grian stepped through the border and closed it behind him. "Grian's not an avian," he confirmed, his eyes narrowing. "He's a watcher." Hate dripped from his voice, watchers were foul monsters. The kind you would tell your children about to get them to behave, eating the world kind of monsters.

'How could I not have realized,' He scolded himself, 'the purple eyes, the threat laced through his gaze, the wings! An avian doesn't just have wings, they have clawed feet and a beak,' He had just passed it off as a defect or something like that, Grian being a watcher meant that they were in a whole lot more trouble than they were before.

Dear Reader,

We got the need for speed!!! I promise no harm will come to X or Grian... yet. I don't know if I'll post the next part today or tomorrow but it'll definitely be within 36 hours.

With warm regards,

Star (She/They)