Chapter 2 - A Surprise Guest or Two

WC : 241

Grian sat in a tree high above the ground as he watched in confusion as a portal appeared on the ground a few feet away from him. In his knowledge, admins created servers in worlds that were completely new, but this one clearly wasn't new because he had already been here for ages.

He watched as the portal opened with a bright green flash and several players started to pour out of it, gasping when they looked out onto their new home. As the last player, the admin, stepped through the portal it vanished just as quickly as it had appeared in a puff of green smoke.

"Ahem," the admin cleared his throat. "Welcome to season 6 hermits! Let's start with setting up a small camp here at spawn before we split off and find where we're going to build our starter bases."

Grian watched as a tall fellow with a black mustache ran off and started collecting food from the nearby cows and chickens. He was too busy watching the mustached man that he didn't notice as a taller ginger woman walked over to his tree and started chopping it down to collect wood. He squealed in surprise as the tree he was perched in fell, landing with a thud.

"Uhm, guys..." The ginger looked down at him. "You should come see this." She beckoned the rest of the players towards her jestering to the dazed creature at her feat.

Dear Reader,

Sooooo.... I've now written three chapters in one night and it's almost 4am an I do need to sleep so this is going to be the last chapter tonight. Hopefully in the morning I'll be able to write more than 240 words per chapter but Idk, short chapters might just be a thing in this here series. Good night, good morning, or good evening where you are.

With warm regards,

Star (She/They)