Chapter 9 - In The Clearing

WC : 385

"Xisuma!" Mumbo stumbled through the forest calling out for the admin, he and Grian had gone off the morning before and nobody's seen them since. Doc had gotten worried and put together a search party to find their lost admin. Splitting into pairs of two; Stress and Welsh had gone south, False and Cleo had gone north, Scar and Impulse had gone west, and Him and Doc had gone east.

Mumbo tripped on another exposed root, flailing around trying to catch himself before falling with a large thud.

"Mumbo?" Mumbo looked up to see Xisuma sat in the middle of the clearing looking over his shoulder at him. Upon further notice, Grian was also there, his head leaning on Xisuma's shoulders. "Hey pal," Mumbo watched as Xisuma gently woke the sleeping fellow, "We've got to head back now." Grian sat up slowly, rubbing his eyes and a twinge of jealousy pierced Mumbo in his chest.

"Thank goodness we found you!" Doc shouted from behind Mumbo, nearly scaring the life out of him. "X, I need a word with you."

Xisuma nodded before walking off with Doc. Pausing at the edge of the clearing to turn around and smile at Grian, "If you need to talk I'm here."

...

Grian tried to walk away, too tired to talk to anyone else but felt a strong hand grab his right arm, "Hey!" Mumbo yelled, "I have been trying to get you to warm up to me for ages, but you always ignore me. Now you're here all buddy-buddy with Xisuma who's been avoiding you this entire time."

"I can choose who I want to talk to, and it's not you," Grian responded, turning around to look into Mumbo's eyes.

"But why not?" Mumbo asked, "why do you avoid me?"

"Why shouldn't I?

"Because I like you!" Mumbo blurted out, blushing after realizing what he said. "Clearly you don't like me though."

"Who said that?" Grian questioned, "Mumbo you're nice, funny, even handsome. I've been avoiding you because I like you."

Mumbo was confused, why would he avoid him if he liked him? Still, he grabbed the sides of Grian's face gently and leaned in slightly, his eyes fluttering shut. This kiss that came afterwards was magic, it was gentle, sensitive, and sincere. Mumbo leaned back gently, "Wow," He whispered before leaning back in for another kiss.

Dear Reader,

I wrote this chapter after waking of from a very nice, extra long nap and I've gotta say, I've never felt more well rested.

With warm regards,

Star (She/They)