Chapter 16 - Preparations

WC - 268

Dark storm clouds formed on the horizon as the hermits pooled together in the center of the camp. "All in favor of going to the watcher lair to find Stress?" Xisuma called out as every single hermit raised their hand. "Okay, get everything you can. Potions, armor, weapons, then meet back here in a few minutes.

They all split up, a few going over the enchanter, a few making potions of different kinds, and a few making tools for those without them. Grian and Xisuma had been training together, as the only two with magic they wanted to be able to protect all of the hermits if they ran into a watcher. Since Stress' disappearance, Pearl had gotten much better and insisted on coming along to save her. Grian still didn't like the idea but Pearl was very persuasive and promised not to put herself in unnecessary danger.

As the hermits started to trickle back, Grian prepared the portal, as the only watcher there he was the only one who knew where to send them. He pooled all his power towards his hands and tapped the portal, a collective gasp came from the watching hermits as the portal flashed once and lit up.

"Alright, stay close and don't go anywhere without the group. If you see something, say something." Xisuma said before heading into the portal, the rest of the hermits following behind. Grian took a deep breath as water droplets began hitting the ground and walked into the exact place he told himself he would never go back too.

Dear Reader,

I'm so sorry for the short chapter but I literally fell asleep writing this and had to pick off where i left it in the morning, It might be a bit choppy but I'll fix it eventually. 

With warm regards,

Star (She/They)