Chapter 5 - Suspicion

WC : 399

"We need to talk about Grian." Doc had pulled Xisuma, False, and Iskall aside a few days after he had seen the Avian sneak away, he kept disappearing and although he seemed to know the area well, not a single sign that anyone had been there before the hermits had been found in the whole server. "I don't trust him, he's hiding something."

"Doc, I understand that you might not trust him but this is his home, he's the one letting us stay here." Xisuma reasoned gently.

"I agree with Doc, we don't know a thing about him and he stays closed off, he only talked to us the first day we found him," False mentioned.

"He seems unnatural, unlike any avian I've ever met. Plus, he seemed confused when Stress asked him if he was an avian," Doc pointed out.

"What do you think of this Iskall?" Xisuma questioned.

"He doesn't seem to have malicious intentions but he's definitely hiding something."

"Just let the rest of us know if you can find anything out that may let us know more about what he's hiding." Doc suggested. "And make sure Grian doesn't suspect you." The hermits nodded in agreement and walked off in different directions. Doc looked up to see Grian, perched in a tree at least 50 blocks away staring down at him. 'Surely he didn't hear that conversation just now, why is he watching me,' The creeper hybrid walked away tensely, not wanting to stay in his weirdly unnerving gaze.

...

Xisuma paced along the edge of the camp, Doc and False had unknowingly confirmed his concerns that the avian wasn't who he truly said he was.

Not wanting to worry the other hermits, he hadn't mentioned that the wing stranger didn't really look like an avian. The purple eyes were not those of any birds he knew and there was a strange pulsing energy coming from him, not unlike that of a fellow admin. He had convinced himself that the energy must mean that he was an admin, which would make sense due to him having been on this server before the hermits had joined it, but it just didn't seem right.

He was determined to piece together this puzzle without alarming the other hermits but he may need to recruit the help of Doc if he truly wanted to figure out exactly what was going on.

Dear Reader,

Another shorter chapter but I'm still quite happy with it. It is currently midnight as I am writing this so I apologize if the writing is sloppy and may go back to fix it later. 

With warm regards,

Star (She/They)