The Showdown, pt. 1: Goodbye to the Past

Yomiuri Land...in the late afternoon. Through the main entrance of the park, also known as Sky Gate, Shuuichi accompanied Kiyoni through the area known as the Plaza Stage of the Sun. Here, patrons could enjoy attractions such as gondola rides, the Merry-go-round Dog ride as evident by a sizable statue of the carousel dog, Guru Guru Drive for children, and Nissin's Food Factory complete with a river rafting ride around a giant kettle pot. Unfortunately, the pair didn't come to take in the fun and things were slow since it was mid-winter.

Shuuichi spotted Yukina by the dog and headed straight over, "Yukina. Hello."

"Hey," a refreshed Kiyoni greeted with a grateful smile and aura, "I never did get to thank you for making that sculpture of me. I loved it. I really did."

Yukina looked at the pair and felt guilty. She didn't know what to believe. Kiyoni seemed nice enough to a point. Could it actually be possible that she's enchanted Shuuichi somehow? Maybe it's Kurama she's ensnared and Shuuichi is along for the unfortunate ride. At the very least, some of Shinobu's words have gotten Yukina to believe that Shuuichi is definitely in trouble.

"You're welcome. Deacon Shuuichi and I had a lot of fun coming up with the design. Speaking of, deacon..." Yukina wondered while adjusting her scarf, "I need to know. Is it true? What happened to your face?"

Shuuichi and Kiyoni glanced at each other.

"My face is of no concern at the moment. Is what, true," he asked.

"Everything. The part about you and Kurama being the same person. The part about...her."

Kiyoni pointed to herself, "Who? Me? Look, I can tell you now that whatever bullshit Shinobu or Touya have told you about me is exactly what it is. Bullshit."

"So you're not a succubus?"

"Okay, that part is true."

Yukina's words trembled as she spoke, "So...does that mean..."

"Mean what," Shuuichi encouraged.

"You, she...casted a spell on you."

Kiyoni sucked on her teeth, "Here we go with the bullshit."

"Kiyoni, enough," Shuuichi informed, "Yukina, while it is true that within my body is that of the fox yokai, Kurama, I am not damned in any way. While it is also true that Kiyoni is a succubus, she is no witch or any practitioner of magic whatsoever."

Yukina argued, "But Father said...he said you were in danger. That...he needed to exorcize you before Kurama took control."

Shuuichi wanted to laugh at that point. Shinobu is quite the orator.

"Shinobu..." Shuuichi continued, "is the one who wants to control me, Yukina. In fact, he's the one who wants to control all of us. Yokai, specifically. If there's anyone to fear, it's him."

"Yeah," Kiyoni added, "He was the one responsible for murdering my brother nearly three years ago."

Yukina was in disbelief, "What? You can't be serious."

"We are," Shuuichi confirmed, "He's the man behind the current threat made on the yokai community. Using hypnosis and magic to do so."

"No! Magic is forbidden! It's dark, evil...it's witchcraft!"

"Do you firmly believe that or are you believing that because Shinobu told you to," Kiyoni asked.

"Kiyoni," Shuuichi objected.

"What? Out of everyone we've run into, she seems to be the most innocent. Might as well come clean."

"Kiyoni..."

A Thin Line Between Lust and Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें