He Did What?!

Shinobu had let his mind come to a brew while construction was going on in the sanctuary. He watched the crewmen work on the brick-patterned floor from up above in the production area feeling like the god he worships. The construction crew was a mixture of human and yokai workers from the children and descendants of ame onna and shachihoko who can provide or produce water to mix with concrete to the offspring of gawappa and dragons with multiple limbs to complete the brick work. Workers who could generate wood from their own bodies to repair, rebuild, and replace broken pews. Progeny of jorōgumo work as speedy seamsters to mend damage to the seating cushions and help bind repaired electrical wiring in indestructible webbing and to hang the giant cross. Shinobu watched it all go down and imagined himself recruiting them all using his torturous techniques.

This place will be better than ever once construction is finished. I will have all the yokai in the country under my control and leadership with the fox as my right hand...and his whore in bed. She'll happily get on her knees for the almighty.

That's exactly what Shinobu thought of for the next few moments. He imagined himself standing at the candlelit altar in his traditional garb with a Bible in hand and a naked Kiyoni standing and stepping before him. When she knelt down, Shinobu drew a cross on her forehead using anointing oil.

"Do you not know that your body is a member of Christ," he quoted from 1 Corinthians 6:15.

"I do, Father," Kiyoni responded.

Another quote from Ezekiel 16:35, "Therefore, O prostitute, hear the word of the Lord..."

He continued,"[1 Corinthians 6:13] The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. [Romans 14:11] For it is written, 'As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.' Now please, lay down your burdens."

He assisted Kiyoni to an open area of the altar where she laid down on her back with her legs open and ready. It was then Shinobi dropped his trousers and entered his temptress.

"You have appealed to me, sister, by the mercies of God, to present your body as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Now...worship Him."

"Our...our father, ah..." Kiyoni cried as she submitted herself to Shinobu in the name of God, "h-hallowed be thy...name–mm! Thy...kingdom come–umm, thy will be ooh–done..."

"Father Shinobu," Touya called, breaking Shinobu's fantasy.

"Brother Touya. Greetings."

"Repairs are coming in well."

"Yes it would seem so. The crewmen are doing an excellent job given the amount they're paid. Is there something I can help you with?"

Touya sat next to Shinobu with nothing but concern on his face, "Father, I'm...I'm worried about Deacon Shuuichi."

"Oh? Why him?"

"Something he told me after bible study. Better yet, what he showed me."

"What was it?"

"Father, is it true? Is Shuuichi...Kurama?"

Shinobu's eyes widened upon hearing the names of Shuuichi and Kurama in one sentence. Shuuichi had the nerve to tell his secret. Interesting.

After the realization, Shinobu returned to his collective self and confirmed, "Yes. Deacon Shuuichi and Kurama are one in the same."

"Father, how can that be? Given what Kurama is, how in God's name is he Shuuichi? Shuuichi said that you know about this."