Chapter One

“You wanna know more, more, more about me.” Tangled up in me-Skye Sweetnam

School gets out at 2:30, giving me enough time to get to the yogurt shop and ready for not only the teens that use this as the hang-out place, but also the little kids who use this as the hang-out place. It’s a cool shop really though. There are four rooms and then the main area. One room is directed to kids under ten. Another is for kids still in middle school and then there’s the high school one. There’s also a ‘romantic’ room that is set up for dates. And then the main area is just for whoever.

“I want Chocolate” a kid in the back of the line yells.

“No, we’re getting Vanilla!” a little girls voice screams back.

“you guys aren’t getting anything if you keep that up.” An older voice says. I recognized that voice, but I couldn’t place it without a face.

“you’re so strict Uncle Ryan. Why can’t you be fun like Aunt Stacey.”

“Because Stacey is your age and I’m not.” Ryan. That was Ryan Richards, Ryan from school. He never came here after school, he was always busy. If it wasn’t sports, it was ASB or dance committee or helping around the office. They finally reach the front and I realize that they were the end of the line. The after school rush was over.

“Hey Sky.” Ryan says with his signature smile.

“hi.” I reply. Then, being an awesome person with kids, I bend down to his niece and nephew, “let me guess. Chocolate for you,” I point to the boy, “and Vanilla for you.” I say.

They nod their heads vigorously, “yes, please.”

I stand back up, “what about me?” Ryan asks.

I laugh, “swirl. With, hmm, pink sprinkles on top.”

“let’s just keep it plain and simple, no sprinkles needed.”

“oh no, you asked me a question today, sprinkles are needed.”

Ryan rolls his eyes, knowing that I wouldn’t actually put sprinkles on his frozen yogurt. We did have them though. Enough kids asked for them over the years that we finally broke down and got sprinkles in every color. The little girl tugs on Ryans pant leg, he looks down at her, “What Sydney?” he asks.

“can I have pink sprinkles on mine?”

I could tell Ryan was about to say no but I broke in before then, “of course sweetie. And would you like pink sprinkles on yours too?” I ask the boy.

“eew! No way! I want blue!” haha, typical. I always like blue when I was younger, which I guess totally goes against being a girl.

“okay, blue it is.” The kids run off to the younger room while Ryan waits for the orders.

“you know, they’re going to think they’ll get sprinkles every time they come here with me now.”

“they never come here with you. you never come here.” I get Sydney’s Vanilla with pink sprinkles done and set it aside in a tray while I did the other two. After the little boys, I make Ryans and add a single pink sprinkle on the top just to mess with him. I put them all in the tray and hand it to him. “there you go.” I say.

“you should come hang out with us.”

“I can’t, I have to work.”

He looks around, “looks pretty dead now. And you get a break, don’t you.”

“I-“ before I could finish saying that I don’t take breaks, my boss, Ted comes out. He owns the place and usually stayed in the back doing paperwork.