Chapter 23: A long time coming

(Play Opening)

(Suji's POV)
After telling Izumi about the truth about Izuku's quirk, it was finally time for the next matches to start and as luck would have it my match was next. I was waiting at the gate until Present Mic made the announcement.

Present Mic: Welcome back, all you awesome listeners! After the cleanup of the previous match we're finally moving on to the second match of the second round!

[Crowd cheers]

Present Mic: He was pretty much humiliated in his last match, but let's see if he can show the crowd what he's really made of! From the hero course, Tenya Iida!

Present Mic: Versus... The kid who can dish it out and take it just the same, Class 1A's own strong man, Suji Kyoryoku! Which one of these fighters have what it takes to go to the semifinals?

 The kid who can dish it out and take it just the same, Class 1A's own strong man, Suji Kyoryoku! Which one of these fighters have what it takes to go to the semifinals?

Suji: Hey Iida, no hard feelings right buddy?

Iida: Of course not, and I must say that it is an honor to finally come to blows with you, All I ask is that you give it your all.

I smile as I get into a fighting stance, as Present Mic announces the start of the fight.

Suji: I wouldn't have it any other way.

Present Mic: Now let the next match, Begin!!

Iida took advantage of his speed and quickly rushed over to me to start attacking, but he swiftly came up behind me and in an attempt to push me out of the ring, but I was able to plant my feet into the ground to keep myself inside the boundary line.

Iida: What?!...

Present Mic: Whoa! Talk about an early start, Iida automatically goes for a quick match but Kyoryoku manages to keep himself from being taken out!

Suji: Going straight for the ring out huh? I guess that's a good way to use your Quirk, but there's one issue...

I grabbed Iida by the arm and swung him around in circles before I threw him.

Suji: ...Your going need a lot more than speed to outmatch me.

Iida hits the ground a few feet away from the out of bounds line, much to everyone's surprise I didn't want to make this match end too quickly.