Chapter 16: In their own quirky ways

(Play Opening)

(Third POV)
The first event has started and it's already off to a rocky start as the zero point robots from the entrance exams are the first obstacles the first-years have to face. Meanwhile Present Mic and Aizawa are in the commentary booth, as Mic gets the crowd hyped up.

Present Mic: The first‐year students are already off to one rockin' start! And, it's only the first round! Talk about a cruelobstacle course! Our players are racing against each other in a vicious battlewhere anything goes so long as they stay on ...

obstacle course! Our players are racing against each other in a vicious battle
where anything goes so long as they stay on the track!

He swings his arm and almost hits Aizawa who managed to dodge it.

Aizawa: Watch it.

Present Mic: We'll continue to bring you live updates and pulse‐pounding action
thanks to the camera robots placed around the course!

Aizawa: Why do you need me here?

Present Mic: The stakes are high! We've got a whole school of top‐notch students
trying to be heroes, but do they really stand a chance against our heavy metal
swarm of Robo Infernos?

(Suji's POV)
I watched as Todoroki slowed down as he proceeded to freeze the zero pointer right away.

He froze the robot without any effort, and started running. I was about to follow his lead until I saw something happening to the robot.

Student 1: Dude, he stopped the robots!

Student 2: Look! Between their legs! We can get through!

I heard Todoroki say something which really caught my attention.

Todoroki: Careful, now. I froze them while they were off their balance...
On purpose.

Hearing this I ran towards some of the students who were about to go for the run.

Suji: Stop!!! Don't go, the robot's gonna fall!!

Before the impact I grabbed some of the students and pushed them out of the way.

Present Mic: What a showing! Shoto Todoroki from Class 1‐A has taken an early lead!

Student 3: Hey! There's someone trapped under that robot!

Student 4: Do you think we should try and help 'em?

Student 5: Are people seriously gonna die here?

I heard banging coming from the robot as I looked to see Kirishima breaking out of the robot, luckily he used his quirk at the right time.